Post your cards here, see what others think

Comments

• @Damnation, I really like the flavor of Murderous Machinations! My only problem with it is the same problem that I had during Avacyn Restored draft. Playing one-creature black was probably the worst archetype I have ever played, and I am sure others may feel the same. But maybe with the right support...

...Thoughts?
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/paradigm-r5-t4
  • edited February 2018
    @Damnation Yeah already ran into that issue I'll need to tweak em some to clarify I do not know who made the pictures I found them off of google I know it may seem like it but I would had put their name instead of mine :\ (I'm going to keep the cards because Its gonna take me a few days to REMAKE THEM ALL)
    sry gelectrode wrong person
  • edited February 2018
    I entered this into the Draw Contest:
    You should enter too!
  • edited February 2018
    [REDACTED]
  • edited February 2018
    @Gelectrode
    I think Homicidal Seclusion is cool, it just needs some support.
    Also, Paradigm feels like it'd be perfectly at home in Unstable. :)

[REDACTED]
  • Pretty big Viciosaur update ^
  • @Faiths_Guide, much better! Probably 1 cmc more for balance?

@Damnation, I do appreciate the flavor of Homicidal Seclusion, but I still feel uncomfortable applying those kinds of restrictions. I have probably said it before, but it's like Hellbent and the weird Sotomari hand size thing, where you have to play badly to win. It just seems counterintuitive.

*sound of explosions in backgound, goblins and wizards screaming*

Oops, a group of paradoxes must have been released. Be right back. What was I saying about being counterintuitive?

Thoughts?
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/servo-savant
  • edited February 2018
    @Gelectrode
    Fun^

Thoughts on the couple of new rares?
    image image
  • @Gelectrode
    - Are those my test subjects you're experimenting with? Do I need to alert the Senate?
    - Also, Sotomari? I'd appreciate it if you could link this "Sotomari". Or is that heckbent?
    Servo Savant
    The card is interesting, I can see some cool stuff being done with it. Miniature value-town in one card, not to mention it is colorless. Of course, it fits more in an artifact-centric deck, but even by itself, you get two 3/3s for 4, which isn't too bad for an uncommon, although they are spaced out so you don't have both at once. Or you can just go 4/4 for 4 and then drop 3 +1/+1 counters on whatever artifact creature you control.

@Faiths_Guide
    Noble Ruler
    I think this is pushing it for a rare. The hosing part doesn't seem too bad, but the Vengeful trigger is doing too much, I think. In a dedicated tribal deck, this is an Intrepid Hero on steroids, to say the least. Or it can be, if enough things die.

Dragonite Learner
    I think you could do more for this. It has no evasion or protection, and has the dreaded 1 toughness, so I don't think you'll ever be making the Dragon with it's ability anything more than a 3/3 the majority of the time. Sure, the ability's free so it can go off even if someone Doom Blade's it, but that 1 toughness is going to put you in a tough spot a lot of times, since it will die to the smallest of things.
  • Thoughts on these two of my lesser hosts in the Tournament of Champions thread.

image image
  • edited February 2018

Thoughts? In particular, is the first one too much of a colour break?
  • @Jonteman93 - I think they're neat!
  • edited February 2018

Opinions, anyone?
  • edited February 2018
    @KalamMekhar I think that it is too powerful as you could cast Emrakul turn 3 quite easy with her or anything very powerful for that matter. (If you have 4 or more non-lands in hand.)
    Maybe reveal your whole hand when you activate her ability before you exile a card or if you limit the mana cost of that card or if you instead reduce cost of it by some amount.

@TenebrisNemo I think it looks nice.

Thoughts? Too powerful first ability for the cost? too expensive second ability? Should I give him hexproof?

• @Jonteman93, I know there has to be a better way to word Sir Henric. I think it starts something like this...?

When ~ enters the battlefield, if you cast it during combat, you may have it block target attacking creature. If you do, it gets +2/+2 until end of turn.

@KalamMekhar, I really like the concept of Sumitra! My only suggestion is to give it the proper white/blue border to make it look extra nice.

Thoughts?

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/brightstone-rampage
  • edited February 2018

@Gelectrode: Aaaand, done!
  • edited February 2018

Need some help with the wording. I'm sure it can be worded much more elegantly.

Too good for uncommon, or just right?

• edited February 2018
    @KalamMekhar

-Deathmatch
    First strike doesn't work in fighting. Even if one of the creature has first strike and the other is vanilla, each deals damage to the other at the same time. So you have to rethink about the card's mechanic. The concept seems fun. I think it should have red in its cost.

-Grim Tidings
    I think the card is balanced.

@Tomigon: I have no clue how I missed that! Here's a new version. And you are right, the randomness involved seems quite red.
  • edited February 2018
    [REDACTED]
  • Here's me messing around with Inspiration. I still don't know how much freedom being in three colours gives you in terms of balance, but I think this is decent enough. As always, any feedback is much appreciated!

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/darmani-the-liberator

Write-up in comments tomorrow, it is night where I am as of now.
  • I made some dragon priest cards if anybody would like to check them out! i need help with wording a little bit, but i think its not that bad for a start
This discussion has been closed.