Hey, I'm Working on a New Set, Check It Out!

edited January 2016 in Custom Card Sets
Sorry if this is uncouth, but I've been working on a set for a while now and I'd love feedback. Understand I'm getting the hang of the MTG Cardsmith still, so occasional creatures lack types or a card was submitted as a common that clearly is not. I'm more looking for feel, how it looks like some themes might play out.

Basic story is the block is about "purity". Green and Red strongly encourage Mono, while blue, white, and black turn into a soup that should be a lot of fun for more experienced players. I've noticed a lot of people go mono in red anyways, this tries to accept that. Blue also has a sneaky mono theme, especially sneak because blue is the least pure and will have no strictly monocolored cards.

Anyways, there's a bunch of cycles and subthemes. Proliferate and Wither are back, because I loved the idea of Proliferate and hated how Infect kept it safely nerfed during it's entire design cycle. Now proliferate is related to disease and vermin. I played around with tokens, multicolor versus monocolor, spirits, fanatics, and charge counters. There's other stuff too, check it out.

http://mtgcardsmith.com/user/TenFootTiger/sets/5724

Comments

• Have you checked out the Artwork Tutorial (just mentioning it because you seem to have some filler artwork going on in there)
    XD
    http://forums.mtgcardsmith.com/discussion/441/tutorial-selecting-artwork#latest
  • Thanks, this is more of an excercise, don't know where to take it from here. Did you like any of the card design?
  • I've been working a lot of 12 hour shifts, so it's gonna be a while before I can take a good look at them, but they seem alright mechanically, just off-putting visually because your initial take on it is that some cards were culled from the Anonymous pile.
    XD
  • Hey, whenever you can that would be awesome. I know the art is haphazard and I do apologize for that, but the main focus was trying to fill a design skeleton and try for some semblance of balance. If there are cards which you do like, please tell me. I'm interested in designing satisfying mechanics.
This discussion has been closed.