"Defender" contest + circuit announcement

Title.

Make cards with the "Defender" keyword. I don't care what kind of card, but it has to have "Defender" in the rules text.
All colors allowed. All CMCs. All card types.
Make something that would fit well in a defensively-oriented deck (Think Luminarch Ascension-type decks or pure defender-decks).

Maximum two entries per smith.

The contest ends the 20th of January, 10 am (CET). Winners will be announced the 20th of January 6 pm (CET).

Prizes:

1st place: I will work alongside you to help you create up to 3 cards of your choosing by providing feedback and being a person to bounce ideas off of, until you feel like you are satisfied with the card we are working on. Additionally, I'll find up to five of your cards that I like and favorite them.

2nd place: Same as the winner, except only 2 cards. Up to 3 favorites.

3rd place: Same as the winner, except only 1 card. Up to 3 favorites.

4th place: 1 card - No guaranteed favorites, but I will look through your collection and see if there's something I like.

Each prize goes to a CARD - This means you can potentially take both the 1st and 2nd spot, for example.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About the circuit announcement.

Seeing as we are going into a new year, I figured I'd do something to spice up the forums a bit; Circuit points.
People who win the contests that I host will gain 1 circuit point, except the winner of the respective contest, who gains 2.
I'm going to keep track of the circuit points, and it will be publicly accessible.

If you want a contest included in the circuit, let me know a bit beforehand; Every cardsmith is allowed 2 contests per month in the circuit, but the contests must meet a "minimum-effort" criteria:
At least 1 week duration.
Must have at least 5 individual cardsmiths participate.
Must have prizes.

Additionally, you must conclude your contest with winners and prizes dispensed.

------------

Circuit points are mostly for fun, to see who has a tendency to win most contests overall.

Top8 people in the circuit will be invited to special contests once a month and the winner of said contest will receive a card made for them in my "Circuit Trophies"-set. They won't just be trophy cards, but more like tribute cards that have mechanics you tend to use a lot or reflects your cardsmith personality.

Kind of like our own Grand prix, I suppose.
For the circuit, I will be making one challenge a week, going wednesday to wednesday. This means that, right now, there will be a possibility for a maximum of 12 circuit points, if you win 1st and 2nd place in every challenge hosted by me (Assuming no one else joins in).

One "Circuit Cycle" is four weekly contests. Every Circuit Cycle ends with a monthly "Circuit Contest".

Cheers, and godspeed.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.