(Reworked) Mana_M0nger's Preserve Keyword Contest

Hi everyone and welcome to my reworked MTG Cardsmith forum challenge!

After receiving much feedback from fellow cardsmiths and play testing proxies, the original preserve keyword I created for the first preserve contest was much more clunky and counter intuitive than intended. With the feedback I've received, I have remade the keyword and the contest. So without further a due, I present to you the new contest and rules below.

I challenge you, the MTG community to create a custom card using the reworked keyword I made called preserve. Preserve (As this enters the battlefield, you may put a card from your graveyard on the bottom of your library. If you do, at the beginning of your next draw step, draw an additional card.) This was made as a green/white mechanic for one of my custom card sets called Sorania.

The rules for this contest are very simple. Each person is allowed to post two entries into the challenge, but be aware I will only pick one of your two entries for the final voting so submit your creations wisely. If you happen to make a mistake on any of your two submissions, please send me a message on the forums @Mana_M0nger or leave a comment with the card in question, asking for a re-submission. I will allow one re-due for each of your two entries and will discount any other previous cards you have entered into the contest. The last date for the submissions will be on January 31st, afterwards no more submissions will be accepted for voting.

As for the cards themselves, you may create your creations using either the Modern or M15 frame. Your cards can be any card type so long as it fits the theme and flavor of preserve. And no, they CAN'T BE LEGENDARY (sorry but I see w-a-a-ay to many of these in contests and prefer more variety among entries.) The cards can only have a maximum of three colors and you may add any additional keywords and mechanics as you see fit. Most important of all, create the most interesting and flavorful cards you can make and have fun!

I will announce the top 3 winners and honorable mentions on February 1st. Each winner will be awarded a Trophy and the first place winner will have a custom card created in their honor by personal request. Remember, the key to winning this contest is to follow the rules above and make your cards as interesting and flavorful as possible. I wish you all the best of luck!

On a side note, here's two examples of cards I've created with the preserve keyword.

Leaf Vale Mystic:
http://mtgcardsmith.com/view/leaf-vale-mystic?list=user

Leaf Vale Purifier:
http://mtgcardsmith.com/view/leaf-vale-purifier-3?list=user

Comments

This discussion has been closed.