Riggers Revival

Anyone remember Steamflogger Boss from Future Sight (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=136151)? No...? Well, he possessed an interesting little creature type called "Goblin RIgger" and gave other "Riggers" you controlled a few nice boosts. However, Steamflogger Boss was the only rigger ever released.

Theoretically, riggers were supposed to be creatures that could "assemble a contraption." What's a contraption? What was assembling? Not much is known about how either of these would have functioned. The only ruling to be made on this card was "Contraption is a new artifact type. There are currently no artifacts with this type. And there's no current game meaning of 'assemble.'"

Therefore, the purpose of this challenge is to design your own group of riggers and contraptions. Remember, contraptions are an artifact of some kind. How you design riggers, the assembling mechanic, and contraptions is completely up to you.

Rules:
-A maximum of 5 riggers and 5 contraptions per cardsmith (in order to allow you to really flesh how out you think riggers and contraptions would've worked)
-At least one rigger and one contraption must be entered.
-Assembling must be defined and included somewhere within your entry.
-If you coin a new keyword and don't define it within one of your cards, you must explain the keyword in the same post as your entry.
- Planeswalkers and/or lands (which will replace one of your rigger spots) that relate to riggers or contraptions somehow are allowed
-While not required, it would be convenient if you put all of the cards you wish to enter in one post.
-While not required, it is helpful for me to know what format you designed your cards to be in (Commander, Modern, Standard, etc.).

I like to score out of 100 for easy comparison.
30pt: How well you designed the Rigger(s) and Assembling mechanic
30pt: How well you designed the contraptions
15pt: Balance of the cards playability wise. (Tip: I would rather see your cards underpowered than OP)
10pt: How appealing your cards are (in terms of the functionality of the cards, not appearance. As long as it's clear what the card does, mistakes within the card's wording will not count against you)
10pt: Interaction of the cards with themselves and other already printed cards (Tip: A good interaction within the cards you made is much more likely to get you a high/full score in this category)
5pt: Creativity and originality of the cards (don't just give me a bunch of Steamflogger Boss clones)

Bonus Points:
10pt: A story or explanation of the riggers to go along with your entry (the better the story/explanation, the higher the score)
5pt: Flavor of the cards (not necessarily flavor text)
3pt: Artwork of the card (1pt for having it on all cards, 1pt for crediting it on most of your cards, and 1pt for how good each piece looks and relates to the card it was put on)
2pt: How the cards work in regards to the few clues Steamflogger Boss gave us.

Prizes:
Honorable Mention: I'll look through your cards and fave any cards I like.
3rd: I'll look through your cards and fave at least one card I like.
2nd: I'll look through your cards and fave at least 2 cards I like.
1st: I'll look through your cards and fave at least 4 cards I like.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.