FAQ's and Common Suggestions

Comments

• edited March 2021
    Oh, look, my post asking for mono-color-hybrid from 3 years ago is linked in the requests. Anything I can do to help move it up the to-do list?
  • Something that I think would be pretty helpful here is some kind of icon or other indicator by someone's name if they are an admin or moderator on the forums.
    While yes you can go to their profile to check, it's not super obvious even on the profile screen, and there's nothing else to indicate it. There also no way to quickly find a moderator.
    Obviously those of us who have been here for some time have mostly learned who the main people are and such, but for newer members and as a general thing that most forums have some implementation of this kind of thing, it seems odd not to have even just a sticky thread that says "These people are forum moderators, @ them or message them with concerns etc." or being able to click on a little thing somewhere that says "moderator" and it takes you to a list of mods.
    I know there aren't many of you and the general user base of the forums is probably less than 60 active/regular users (could be very off with this), but this is honestly a feature I'm really surprised the forums have gone this long without.
  • There are currently Three Moderators who frequent the Forums. Iant_The_Guru, Tomigon and myself
  • Will we get an update to the planeswalker creator? I think the main things that it's missing are the option to have 2 or 4 abilities, and working mana symbols in the text box.
  • We're expecting big updates soon, but there isn't a definitive timeline as of yet
  • Since the suggestion form isn't working, I'll post here what I would've submitted there:
    1. The text "{t}: Add {w}, then add and additional {w}" results in the second white mana symbol being put on a new line even though there's space on the existing line.  This only happens when it's set to large text.  This erroneous starting of a new line has happened for other text as well (e.g., "Creatures you control have Level up {2}".  Since it may be difficult to account for all cases where the editor incorrectly starts a new line, please include syntax to override this to force text and symbols to appear on a preceding line.
    2. Please enable the editing of planeswalker cards once they've been created.
    3. Please add the ability to manually scale the text of a card (including the card's name and type line).
    4. Please add the snow mana symbol to the available mana symbols for Casting Cost, it's already available in the list of mana symbols for Abilities.
    5. Please add the generic hybrid mana symbols (e.g., (2/b}) to both the available mana symbols for Casting Cost and Abilities (ideally, add the ability to change the 2 to other numbers and X but that's extra).
  • Do we have full art frames yet or is that still something in the works here?
  • Most things are currently in the works, a few things should be getting attention after that and then one or two things will get the side eye and be left on a table somewhere in Idaho.
    :)
  • Weird request, but I'm going to start my daily ask for Strixhaven watermarks.
  • tarkir watermarks too
  • Strixhaven watermarks.
  • strixhaven and tarkir watermarks
  • Unglued watermarks
  • custom watermarks
    I'm kidding

• Are there plans to fix the problems with mana symbols disliking the right side of the text box?

(I mean the problem where mana symbols are starting new lines when there's clearly enough space for the symbol on the line above it.)

• Unglued watermarks, strixhaven watermarks.
  • tarkir ones too
  • Yes. Unglued watermarks, strixhaven watermarks and tarkir watermarks.
  • I notice no one has asked for Alpha watermarks.... well except @WarriorCatInAhat, since there weren't watermarks for Alpha...
     B) 
  • edited April 2021
    how about Kaldheim frames plese. they look cool.
  • How about a text box editor for things like adventure, mutate, or level-up cards, which split the text box into sections. Maybe custom text boxes could eventually be added for those who have their own grand mechanics, but I think that at least some existing text box formats are something that should be added.
  • The card creator doesn't show characters that aren't in the English alphabet, right? This doesn't apply to me, but maybe allowing languages like Japanese to render on cards might be cool for those who speak those languages.

And while on the topic of languages, maybe add some hidden code to use the phyrexian language?
  • Templates - I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but if you could load an artwork and press one selection to fill out a normal basic land making them would be more convenient.

Later the same could be used to establish things like split cards.

A way to link transforming cards would be nice to.
  • Another time asking for purple mana. Can you also add a dark mode to the forums?
  • Strixhaven watermarks
  • edited May 2021
    How about colored legendary artifact frames and colored lands?
  • edited May 2021

• edited May 2021
    When a notification pops up and the bottom left of my screen... I can't click on it anymore. I used to be able to, but now the ads cover it up.
  • I assume it's because you don't have premium.
  • How about an update to the token creator?