Some thoughts and musings and questions about MTG Cardsmith

edited May 2016 in MTG Gameplay Chat
Don't read this if you don't want to.

I've been on MTG Cardsmith for a while, but I only just recently started visiting the forums. I honestly didn't know what to expect. I suppose I saw forums on websites as a place where people went to play the "Complain and Blame Game." But once I started to learn more about the forums I discovered you start your own contests, tutorials, and actually engage in intelligent conversations. To put it simply, it's pretty freaking awesome. I also discovered all the friendly smiths who corrected my errors in contests (in a nice way), explained to me how things worked, and other prodigious things. It's a great Cardsmith Community. I'd like to personally thank a few people for helping me.

@Grimshac

@Faiths_Guide

@Corwinnn

Thanks. A ton.

Personally (again), I'd like to see @mtgcardsmith add backgrounds for Enchantment Creature cards, snf the ability to have half of a background be one color, and the other half be a different color. To help support them (and also to get the bonuses), my friend and I are going to become Patrons for a shared account at some point this year. We would like to become $5 dollar a month patrons, but I was wondering if it would be worth it to pledge $10 dollars a month? I'd also like to know more about the "Monthly Card Drawing." Thanks in advance.

-LukeMTG, your fellow nerd

Comments

• "Don't read this if you don't want to."

Oh, ok.

:x

Welcome to the forums, enjoy your stay!
  • Screw Mark Rosewater. Screw the RNG gods. Screw worth. Screw blue. Screw rotating formats. Screw eternal formats. Screw my top deck. Screw MTGO. Screw the reserved list. Screw ban lists. Screw Kamigawa. Screw Homelands. Screw Power 9. Screw mythic rarity. Screw errata. Screw WOTC.

That being said, welcome to the forums!

Becoming a Patreon patron is great. The rewards are easily worth it if you're a frequent user. The $10 a month donation would allow you to have an additional account at premium level so you don't need to share with someone else and since you're both premium, you can add cards made by one another into your sets.

For the monthly card drawing, MTGCS opens a pack (whatever is newest) and shows the rare, then selects a random name from the list of premium members and they get sent the rare/mythic card. If for some reason they can't get it or don't want it, it goes to the next person. It's a nice little game. Last month, a Thalia's Lieutenant (currently worth about $7) went to a premium member. I also won one once but I passed on it since I play online.
  • edited May 2016
    @LukeMTG - My opinion is that $10 is way better than $5, but that's because I want to see us reach our ultimate goals... if you only have one account, $5 is good enough, and that's $60 a year.

What did you want to know about the drawing? I mean... What @strongbelieves said.
  • edited May 2016
    @LukeMTG
    Thanks for the kind words! Yup, the forums are pretty great. Also, @mtgcardsmith is pretty awesome, he'll keep updating things for us. Your monetary contribution will help provide him with time to keep making the site better. Welcome to the forums once again!

@strongbelieves
    Impressive rant there :D
  • @LukeMTG - and thank you for being a member of the community! You are absolutely right, with very little direction and moderation from us the forums and the community have become an amazing place for open discussion on custom cards and Magic in general. This is largely in part to the community members you mentioned and numerous others like them that keep coming back with shared insights.

Your support would mean a lot to us, and it really does all go to maintaining the site (server costs), having fun events and contests, and adding new functionality to the services. That said, we also understand not everyone can afford it; so even if you cannot, we still appreciate you being a member of our site and helping others where possible. Thank you!
  • HUZZAH!!
  • Hola me amigo!
  • Nope, I'm not Spanish. I'm Zendikar, your Torturer Tour guide! If you see a conversation that I'm in (believe me, It ain't going to be intelligent) you might as well press the "X" button on your computer. Or you could ignore what I just said (but then you wouldn't be reading this, so this wouldn't be effective, so you may be reading this...) Also in the monthly card drawing, I did not get a foil Avacyn signed by Maro "Good luck in your years in Magic (Ps. This will go great in the new aggro deck you made last week with bulk cards.)" And the non-transformer was not a Sorin signed by myself ("Hi Zendikar, now do you believe in Magic?")

Welcome to the site. Don't pay attention to what I say, do or make (Normally trouble and annoyed people.)
This discussion has been closed.