Magic The Gathering: Your Actual Deck

2»

Comments

• 1. Red Black
    2. It depends if I draw Rakdos (I really got to up him to 3)
    3. Modern
    4. Bent to Madness (Rakdos Hellbent Madness lol) Play early threats like Rakdos Cackler, discard own hand to get hellbent triggers. Madness lets you cast what you discard, play the lord himself, cast stuff cheap swing for damage.
    5. Nope (can you be thirteen to get on it xD?)
    6. My brother and when I am able to play FNM
    7. I have no idea

My decklist:

4x Ashenmoor Gouger
    1x Ashenmoor Liege
    4x Rakdos Cackler
    1x Spike Jester
    3x Hellspark Elemental
    3x Rakdos, Lord of Riots
    4x Bloodhall Priest
    2x OIivia, Mobilized For War
    2x Hellrider
    1x Purphoros, God of the Forge

4x Lightning Bolt
    3x Kolaghan’s Command
    2x Rakdos’ Return
    2x Fiery Temper

Cheap basic lands go here
  • I also am going to start EDH with Olivia Vampire Tribal and a discard subtheme
  • edited October 2016
    Mu best is a Blue/Red Draw deck or my 5-color Maze's End deck.

They are both pretty stupid, so when I play I play with a giant target on my head, even though they aren't that good.

My U/R is a Commander, using Niv-Mizzet the Firemind, and the other is just modern.

U/R: Card draw. (Firemind pokes whenever you draw.) Maze's End: The name says it all.

Pro tour? I don't even have an FNM where I live!

I play at my library on Sundays with some friends.

Maybe.
  • My two best are my standard (for now) Boros Vehicles aggro and my modern Simic Infect. :P
    Nobody ever wants to play modern with me. I wonder why...
  • @IanLowenthal , can you tell me more about that 'Boros control' deck? That's weird enough to pique my interest.
  • @Platypusburger So, where to start? It was a weird deck and I don't think it really counts as a control deck, but that's what he called it, so I call it that to. Honestly, I'd call it a Boros Control/Combo/Beatdown as its only controlling elements were some basic burn spells and the like. I lost all three games in that round, due to the fact that he killed me before I could set up my machine. It relied heavily on a suite of Spark Troopers (to such a degree that when someone playing Mardu beatdown played a Infinite Obliteration on the Spark Troopers, the "boros control" lost the game.) This was supplemented with several other evasive creatures from the Return to Ravnica block. I think that Dash would be welcome addition to the deck. Oddly enough, I didn't see a single tutor in all three games.

It was legal in the following formats (from what I could tell.)
    Legacy
    Vintage
    Scars of Mirrodin/Innistrad/Return to Ravnica standard
  • 1 Depends on format...
    Commander R/B Rakdos and Curses (I know it doesn't work, just, okay Ted!)
    Commander G Yisan and evolve (Still in progress)
    Standard R/G werewolves
    Standard B/W servos
    Modern R/B/W Mardu Warriors
    Modern R/B Kolaghan Dragons
    Modern R Krenko Goblins

2 Usually but my R/B decks are tricky to get 6-9 drops out.

3 My best format is standard

4 see 1

5 yeah a couple of ti- no just no

6 FNM at the store and other friends.

7 IDK how good you are but i'd like to see you take me on.
  • I think my Warriors has the most effort. If i can remember i'm running
    4 brutal hordechief
    2 zurgo helmsmasher
    2 zurgo bellstriker
    2 sarkhan vol
    1 sorin solem visitor
    4 crackling doom
    4 mardu assendacy
    1 athreos
    1 iroas
    1 mogis
    1 or 2 alesha who smiles at death
    4 chief of the edge
    some mardu woe reapers
    some mardu strike leaders
    4 outpost siege
    4 despise
    1 dragonthrone of tarkir
    And 20 odd land

Note: this is vague so it won't add to 60
  • My favorite is my R/U Aggressive Scissors Deck

1. Red and blue

2. At my FNM they do!

3. Modern and in budget tournaments.

4. Artifacts and aggro.

5. No, I'm not an official tournament attender really.

6. Friends, FNM people, people on untap.in

7. I have no idea.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/artifact-aggro-ru/ is the list
  • edited March 2017
    1. I have a mono black EDH deck, BR EDH Deck, WG EDH Deck, WUBR EDH Deck, and "UB" Modern Deck
    2. Mono black Usually does. BR Not usually, WG Occasionally, WUBR Not often, UB Never
    3. Mostly EDH with a tiny bit of Modern
    4. Mono black is Control with Infect as it's main wincon. BR Is Midrange/Control, WG is Control with a lot of ramp. WUBR Is artifact combo. UB is mostly Myr combos but can be kinda midrange.
    5. No
    6. Mostly my family members but sometimes I go to FNM. (But they never let me use my infect deck...)
    7. Yes. Definitely

Edit: Commanders:
    Skithiryx
    Mogis
    Karametra
    Breya
  • 1. I love playing mono black right but right now I have black green deck (not counting my premade decks)

2. My deck does if I can get out at least two creatures.

3. I haven't really played any Standard or Commander I use all cards in my collection so casual at home against my siblings.

4. I would say it's big creatures (Eldrazi) if I can get them out I win the game.

5. No

6. With my siblings went to a local game store a few times.

7. No
  • I wont say specifically what's in it because it should never get out into the public

1. Black/Blue

2. Yes

3. I havn't tried it in different formats, but I'd say modern

4. Control/Agro/mill (It shouldn't work this well)

5. I'll never be going to pro tour, not interested.

6. friends

7. I can't tell
  • 1. WUBR or all color dragon tribal

2. Most of the time, but usually everyone teams up against me before the game even starts.

3. Commander

4. I have breya artifacts and scion of the Ur-Dragon dragon tribal

5. There is a commander pro tour!?

6. My friends

7. I'm not sure, I've never met you, but I am confident in my lands, spells, and permanents.
  • Currently I only have two old EDH decks which despite being old, do continue to evolve throughout the sets.

1. A w/u Lockdown deck which focuses on control, counter and cost. Making it hard for opponents to cast more than one or two spells each turn and leaving even less room for any counters and other instants to deal blows to you during your own turns.

Commander: Grand Arbiter Augustin IV

Weak against: fast acting mono black decks and mono white decks that focus on removal/lifegain.

2. A b/r ramp and overwhelm deck. A deck themed around demons and dragons, getting smaller dragon whelps and cheap demons to hold the front until from turn three and onwards I usually have the ability to go for cost 4 or higher depending on my draw.

Commander: Malphegor, though occasionally I switch it out with Rakdos depending on my knowledge on the opponent's deck.
  • 1. Boros, though I'd rather call it R/W, because Boros sounds boring.
    2. Usually.
    3. Modern
    4. Agro (Kind of). I get cheap creatures. Then I turn them into 18/18's with First strike, lifelink, and vigilance on turn three. Does that count as agro?
    5. No.
    6. My friends, family, etc.
    7. Well, as long as you aren't control, probably.
  • 1. G/U/R/
    2. No
    3. Standard
    4. Defense
    5. No
    6. My best friend
    7. No.
  • edited June 2017
    1. Unknown.
    2. Unknown.
    3. Unknown.
    4. Unknown.
    5. Not possible.
    6. Nobody.
    7. Unknown.

In short, don't even have any single physical card. Currently trapped in this cruddy country with a cruddy economy. Not an american, you know.
  • 1. Izzet.

2. I try.

3. Commander

4. I use Jhoira of the Ghitu as my commander. Basically, I control the game until i can use her for eighth turn big eldrazi.

5. No way what so ever.

6. Oh, uh, I guess myself. All my friends play standard (losers). : )

7. Uh, no. You would wreck me.
  • 1. Red/Black Aggro (easy to win, and fun to burn)
    2. Usually by turn 4 or 5. Unless they are Control Players.
    3. Casual, because of my lack of an LGS within a reasonable distance.
    4. Aggro and Burn (unleash from RtR block, with some burn spells)
    5. No, because I don't have an LGS within 20 miles, and some cards are banned.
    6. My friends (via Skype or at the public library next to my high school)
    7. I doubt that, because I'm still mediocre at M:TG (despite playing for 5 years).
  • edited June 2017
    1. Selesnya!

2. Unless they have 4-6 CMC board wipes, sure ;_;

3. It was made for Standard, with Standard cards, so I don't think it'd work well in any other format. Maybe Frontier, with a few changes, if that's still a thing?

4. Create 3-6 tokens with spells. Play spells that double the tokens. Give all creatures a +1/+1 counter. Swing for a gazzilion damage spread amongst 12+ creatures.

5. I don't live nearby many events, so it's not like it hasn't taken me there, more like I haven't taken IT there. But no, it's not that big of a deal.

6. Friday Night Magic on a gamestore every other weekend. Got to face the scourges of standard as they got banned, the cat lady, aetherworksdrazi, nowadays something on the lines of Mardu, Zombie aggro, control decks and a few combo decks. Anyway, I usually don't worry about boardwipes unless they're running red for Sweltering Suns.

7. Nope. But I'd get along better if you were playing a janky not-downright-perfect-netdecked deck also if we got to play together.

It goes below if anyone ever feels like trying it out.

Gids and Nissy's Second Procession
    x2 Oviya Pashiri
    x2 Gideon Ally of Zendikar
    x2 Angel of Invention
    x2 Start // Finish
    x3 Oath of Gideon
    x2 Oath of Ajani
    x2 Cultivator of Blades
    x4 Fortified Village
    x4 Canopy Vista
    x4 Thraben Inspector
    x4 Selfless Spirit
    x4 Servo Exhibition
    x3 Nissa Voice of Zendikar
    x2 Sram's Expertise
    x3 Second Harvest
    x2 Anointed Procession
    x4 Scattered Groves
    x6 Plains
    x5 Forest
  • 1. Grixis homebrew Pirates
    2. Occasionally, when I topdeck something tasty.
    3. I have two - casual and EDH, though it could work in standard.
    4. Trolling and tricking with Becky Brass, the Pirate Granny, and going reaaaaally wide.
    5. I'm literally 16, what do you expect?
    6. My friends, though I'm considering going to FNM.
    7. Probably. I eat green decks for brekkie :P
  • Currently, I'm running two main decks. I have three, but I don't use one of them very often. Of the decks I use, one is much more convoluted than the others. I wonder if you can guess which one.

I run a GU homebrew growth deck that doesn't really fit into a format. It might be Vintage legal, but I'll have to check. It used to be notorious for crushing my opponents, but that attracted attention. Now, it really only works in its place in my "countering triangle."

Most of the deck revolves around making copies of Master Biomancer and making things as big as possible when they enter the battlefield. At one point, I had a board state where all of my creatures would enter with 35 +1/+1 counters, but that doesn't happen often. Progenitor Mimic might change that, though.

I've never gone to events with my decks. I want to start going to Thursday Night Modern, but I know I'll be brutally murdered if I do.

Honestly, it depends on my luck, your deck, and your misfortune.

I also run a WB Zombie Constellation Life Swing deck which murders my Simic deck, but doesn't do much against the third deck in the "countering triangle" that I have. This deck is relatively slow, and it uses things like Grim Guardian, Underworld Coinsmith, and Wayward Servant to constantly ping my opponents and keep me alive.

I know for a fact that this isn't legal in any real format. There are too many multiples for Highlander, it's too old for Standard, and it has Commander cards. It just doesn't fit anywhere, much like my other decks. Again, whether I'll beat you or not depends on my luck, your misfortunes, and your deck. Green would kill the Enchantment did of this, but that doesn't matter much if you've got Wayward Servant.
  • 1. I have two decks I like, those being red/black minotaurs and black/white warriors.

2. Sometimes.

3. Mostly casual.

4. Tribal Aggro (Minotaurs), Tribal Midrange (Warriors).

5. Hahahaha. Nope.

6. My friends.

7. Maybe? It depends on how lucky I get with my starting hand.

• I have a white deck built entirely to create token creatures. I also have a white deck built entirely to heal you every turn. I am currently trying to combine the two.
  • @HexBolt0505 Does it have Crested Sunmare? That would be a good link between the two
  • Colours: G/W - Sigarda Voltron (Original list was a net deck. Changed due to bugetary restraints. Trostani lifegain also a net deck that was changed and Gaddock Teeg control. My own variant of another locals deck.)

Do they destroy?: When I first built them, the decks were consistent. If making a 6 person pod (5 Opponents) concede turn 5 or 6 with a Gaddock Teeg EDH deck vs Niv-Mizzet combo, Maelstrom Wanderer combo, Oona Voltron, Karador reanimator and Ayli goodstuff is considered "destroy" then yes. But only once. My other two decks are fairly tame.

Formats: EDH.

Deck themes: Typically try to get the most value out of the commander but are also good stand alone cards. Shorthanded to 'G/W Good stuff.'

Pro-tour: No, nay and never. Do not have the time or money.

Who do you play with?: Friends or other locals who show up at the club.

Better than you: You'd have to be really awful at Magic.
This discussion has been closed.