Need Opinions on Blue Mechanic

So I'm a little indecisive on this mechanic, I've been playing around with a couple concepts for a while but I haven't settled on anything yet. So I thought getting the opinion of the community would be a great way to settle this!
Today, I present, two versions of "Draw two cards" at uncommon with these mechanics,

Verdict
Verdict -- [EFFECT] for each spell cast earlier this turn.

So this is interesting in the way that you can play things off your opponent and even combo off yourself, but it all really depends on what kind of spells this mechanic can be used on.
The flavor of the mechanic is that for each piece of evidence or example shown by either you or the potential culprit (your opponents) allows you to get closer to the verdict.
in b4 new treasure cruise

Judgement
Judgement N (X, Tap N untapped creatures you control: Cast this spell from your hand without paying its mana cost.)

Flavorfully, this is the idea of your creatures gathering together to collaborate on an idea and with a little work (mana), can achieve this final judgement (or verdict).

Discussion on the cards is welcome, but I'd love to have everyone vote on their favorite (anonymously) here!

I'll end this thread in a day or two, just wanted some opinions is all.
Thanks!

--ImBad

Comments

• edited June 2016
    So, my thoughts on both:

Verdict -- [EFFECT] for each other spell cast this turn.
    This does but you want (I think), but uses more appropriate wording.

Judgement N ({n}, Tap N untapped creatures you control: Cast this spell from your hand without paying its mana cost.)
    So the {n} would be generic mana and, as it will always be equal to the "Judgement No.", will allow you to drop reminder text when you feel like it :)

My preference is with Verdict as it is the more versatile of the two (IMO).
  • I prefer Collaboration of minds. The name, card, and mechanics all work well together.
  • edited August 2016
    I prefer verdict. Verdict seems like it has a lot of the same flavor and design space of storm, while Judgment kinda just seems like a less versatile form of convoke. But honestly, you could probably design a lot of cool cards around either mechanic.
This discussion has been closed.