Ephemera Set Discussion Page

This page will be used for discussion regarding the upcoming set Ephemera from Tommia. Use this page to ask questions, present ideas (not cards or card ideas. I am not accepting card entries) and to give advice, as well as talk about the set in general.

Here's the set I'm talking about: http://forums.mtgcardsmith.com/discussion/1723/spoilers-for-my-next-set

Comments

• The forbidden mechanic is raising a bit of a red flag since it counts towards deck size, meaning immediate thinning out of the deck if you don't want filler cards.
  • @Lujikul It's a little hard to say whether or not it should count, since either way you have unfair bits. Don't worry. Forbidden cards will have interactions that make them worthwhile "in" your deck.
  • will you use things like transforming or meld?
  • @AlphaDelta I have no plan on using meld, but transforming will be rich in the set, with people from Tommia being consumed by Ephemera's darkness, and Ephemerian citizens being purified by Tommia.

Ephemera will feature something akin to the theme of meld known as consecrate. How it works is that you have a card with consecrate that starts face down in exile. To cast that card, you need to have three specific cards in your graveyard. For instance, to cast "Loaded Gun" you would need cards named "Lock", "Stock", and "Barrel" in your graveyard. To cast "Loaded Gun", you'd exile "Lock", "Stock", and "Barrel" from your graveyard and pay "Loaded Gun"'s Consecrate cost.
This discussion has been closed.