Story Time: Nature's Wise Words

Nature's Wise Words is a mysterious book which is referenced on some of my custom cards. In the future, I will post stories here based on exerts from flavor text on my cards, or if I get bored. I hope you will enjoy them.

Comments

• edited August 2016
    This is not done. I just accidentally hit "post comment"

Chapter One

Walking Through The Forest

You are a mage from the plane of Tommia. As a former member of Joseph's army, you were left with nothing when Joseph and his soldiers left the plane without you. Looking for a purpose, you walk the land, searching for something, but you will not know what you are searching for until you find it.

It is late at night. You are wet and cold from the icy snow that has fallen on you during the first leg of your journey. Your legs are sore, yet numb, and you wish to find a place to rest for the night. However, with a lack of trees, cover, or dry ground, you find no such place.

After about three hours, it looks to be midnight. With no choice, you decide to lay down in the icy snow, using your cold, now frozen, robe as protection from the elements. Your body goes numb, and you can't tell if its from your sleep or from the cold. The world around you begins to fade, and you wonder if you are dreaming or dying. Soon, you fall asleep, shivering as your body struggles to keep warm.

You soon awaken to find that the area around you is not the same as it was before. A stunning aurora fills the sky. You are surrounded by trees, something which was not present before. You remember an ancient legend that you heard when you were young, told to you by the eldest of your family.

"This must be the grove they told me about." You say to yourself.

The illusive grove greets you with a feeling of warmth. A feeling of comfort. A feeling of welcoming.

The darkness is swallowed by a warming light
    That rids your fear and every plight
    You feel enveloped as comfort surrounds
    Like friendly company, yet there's no one around
    You feel a whisper in your ear
    It calls your name without a fear
    It guides you into the icy grove
    Like a friend, yet still, you know you're alone

As you make your way through the forest, you follow the mysterious voice which calls your name. You cannot see it, yet you know it is there. You do not know it, yet you feel like you've met it in a past life.

"Look out!" The voice calls to you.

Suddenly, you are ambushed by a bear which seems to have come out of nowhere. A ghostly figure appears, and lances the bear before it has the chance to attack you.

"That was close." The voice states. "Look. We aren't safe here. Outside of the grove, there are terrible forces which have taken its power, yet have left it. That bear used the grove's protection to conceal itself until the second it struck. If it weren't for me, you would have been mauled before you even knew what hit you."

"Very well. Where is the grove?" You ask politely.

"It's just ahead." The voice responds.

"You look weary and defenseless, traveler. A simple wolf from the grove would make quick work of you. Once we make it there, if it finds you worthy, you will gain its full protection, and the respect of its denizens, which will serve you well on your journey."

"You know of my journey?" You question, puzzled.

"Of course. That is why you are here. The grove protects nature those who protect it, and you needed protection."

The grove protects you as you follow the voice
    Your heart filled with warmth, you smile and rejoice
    The grove, you see it, it's not far ahead
    You no longer fear, not even a shred
    The elusive walk where no one can see
    The careful walk where no one will be
    Nothing to find, nothing to hide
    In the place where only nature bide

This discussion has been closed.