Create a Plane Contest

Make an entirely new plane. Due date will be October 29th, judging will be that weekend.

Prizes
3rd 4 likes of your choice
2nd 7 likes of your choice
1st 10 likes of your choice

Rules
1. No old cards
2. There must be at least 1 Planeswaker
3. Must have a card theme like Theroes, enchantments/gods, Kamigawa, legendaries, Tarkir Dragons etc. But don't fill the set with them
4.Must have a story
5. 5 of each nonplaneswaker non creature nonbasic land card
6. Map not required
7. At least 10 creatures
8. Don't over run it with mythics and rares make a good verity of rarities
Judged on
Creativity
Story
Theme

Comments

• ...so you're saying that as reward for an entirely (completely) new set and plane, properly designed, with a new story, proper lands, and rarity distributions fitting for limited: you'll like ten cards of our choice?

I don't mean to sound picky, but if anyone manages to complete that task WELL, they probably deserve a follow and straight to the featured cards page honestly, or at least something more than ten likes :p.
  • Maybe they could get a MILLION DOLLARS!
  • @Corwinnn I don't write literature for under 10mil, what a cheapskate. In all seriousness I'm tempted to do this anyway if struck by inspiration (but @mtgwizard9003 I do think you could probably add Following them as a prize if they do well :p)
  • I've worked really hard these past couple of days on this, so it'd be cool if I won!

Welcome to the peaceful plane of Mirasin.

Peaceful, that is, until Nisarim, the five-colored planeswalker, got his feisty little hands on the powerful relic the Altermeer. Using it's magic, he has been corrupting creatures, reversing them from their normal tendencies. Imra, the Blue/Green planeswalker, learned of this happening and rushed to try to stop Nisarim. He defeated her, leaving her bruised and battered, but alive. She resolved to stop him however she could. Using her most powerful magic, she was able to create another planeswalker, Marloch. But the power she used up was too great, and she died in the process. Marloch was imbued with an energy that could stop Nisarim's altering, and reverse it. He fought Nisarim in a mighty combat, and managed to get the Altermeer from him. Throwing it to the ground, he stomped on it, fracturing it down the middle. A vast amount of mana flowed out of it, reimbuing the plane with the life it once had. Nisarim snuck away, and has not been seen. With the mana discharge, Marloch crumbled away, and Imra came back to life.

Here's the set of cards, I'm pretty sure it follows your requirements.

http://mtgcardsmith.com/account/sets/13306

Hope ya like!
  • @Arensen Remember, too, if someone has already done this, maybe spent a year getting the balance just perfect, those wouldn't be "new" cards so wouldn't qualify.
  • First of all, the MAX prize for a contest is 5 favorites. Second of all - create that many cards?!? Really?
  • Is this contest still active? I know it says judging happened in October but it seems as though theres only 1 entry. Im not really interested in winning anything so much as seeing other people's plane ideas and showing off mine
  • I did mean to close this but I left back in before this contest before I left
  • This contest is closed
This discussion has been closed.