Need advice to make this really difficult card work

Hi everyone ^^

I'm trying to design a card that's basically a draft version of Fact or Fiction for the Amonkhet contest:

This is still work in progress, the name will change as well as the art (I'm looking for something that looks less like a creature card).

It's a very old idea of mine that I never managed to transform into an actual card because it has one main problem: I'm pretty sure "Repreat this process " include revealling the top 6 cards of the library over and over again :/ Does anybody have an idea how to make this card work? I've tried 2 other versions:

1) Reveal the top six cards of your library.
Target opponent chooses a card among them, you put that card in your graveyard, then you choose a card among them and put it into your hand. Repeat this process two times.

2) Exile the top six cards of your library.
Put a card of target opponent’s choice from among them into your graveyard, then return a card from among them to your hand. Repeat this process until no card remains exiled this way.

But I keep bumping into the same problem. My last try is inspired by Struggle for Sanity ( http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=79168 ) but it's about revealing the hand so it's ok if the card makes you repeat that...

Comments

• "Reveal the top six cards of your library. Target opponent chooses an unchosen card among them, then you choose an unchosen card among them. Repeat the process of choosing until all cards are chosen. Then put the cards your opponent chose into exile, and the rest into your hand."
  • edited October 2016
    @Biblio3, ah yes I suppose I could make the templating evolve to specify which process to repeat, thanks! It's new but it's logical ^^ I think I'll try "Repeat this last process" though since it's sounds closer to the official one, and the "choosing process" can conveniently fit into one sentence, making the identification of which process the card is talking about easy enough.

Again, thanks for the help! =D
  • @ningyounk, Actually, that wording is perfectly right because you mentioned "...until all cards revealed this way have been exiled..."

However, it's "Return all cards" not "Return the cards"
  • @TrippleBoggey3 The mention "until all cards blabla" could not be enough to prevent this wording to exile 6 additional cards after each "draft round", creating a situation where the trigger "until no card remains exiled this way" could only be met once you've exiled and drafted your entire deck x) Hence my concern ^^"

Good catch on "Return all cards" ! Thanks for the help ! =D
  • Oh! Here's an idea!

"Reveal the top 6 cards of your library. Target opponent and you take turns each exiling a card from among them until no cards remain."

The wording still doesn't seem right, but it's a good start.
  • edited October 2016
    @TrippleBoggey3 That goes a bit too far away into the Un-Realm for what I'm looking for. You're trying to reword it in a more 'human' way that would be shorter and easier, but I'm really trying to reach a templating that would work if implemented within black border and Magic Online for instance ^^ Of course players would figure it out if they would read this, but there are just too many holes for the rules to be happy with this 'humanized' version I'm affraid ;) I really appreciate the help though ^^ I'm going to produce a new version and see how it sounds ^^
  • Ok, I think I'll settle with this version:

It's definitely something new but I think it sticks to the rules spirit ^^
    Thanks everyone for the help! =D
  • I'm trying to grok why you want to put them in exile, and then take them back out. It just seems like extra wording. I like the First version...

Target opponent chooses a card among them, you put that card in your graveyard, then you choose a card among them and put it into your hand. Repeat this process two times.
    @Corwinnn Well, I started with this version but the biggest issue is making sure you can't choose the same card twice, which actually makes the ability super heavy to read. So the exile thing allows you to separate the cards in a short and clean way, unlike using "choose a card among them that has not been chosen" or something. As you can see, the templating of this card is actually way more difficult than it looks, there are a million of little details, I've been trying to make it work for months XD
  • Repeat this process until the remaining cards have been chosen.
  • edited October 2016
    @Corwinnn Hmm, it still does allow weird things with the same player choosing multiple times the same card, but it would not be in his/her interest so maybe it is a better way of doing it. Still this is playing within some very deep areas of the rules. I have a feeling Struggle for Sanity used exile for rules reason that I don't fully understand.

Let me try something different:

Exile the top six cards of your library.
    Target opponent puts one of them into your graveyard, then you put one of them into your hand. Repeat this last process until no card remains exiled this way.

What do you think? It actually sounds kinda good to me! Thanks Corwinnn! =D
  • I think that works pretty good... it's very concise.
  • Why not use the "pile" wording?
  • The only issue is that the creature in the picture only has two eyes.
  • @strongbelieves - We've agreed not to discuss the location of the third eye. I forgot to send you the memo.
    :(
  • The third eye... is under its chin.
This discussion has been closed.