Cannon Fodder by TrippleBoggey3

So, this is going to be the place for you to ask me questions, or maybe anyone, but currently only me, and we'll give our theories on the answers to these questions here, though half the stuff will be BS. Only 3 questions per person though.

Stuff got a bit off topic. Guess it'll just be a chat room for life advice, and maybe some political debate.

Comments

• edited October 2016
    Question #1:

@Bellycuss: What do you think Amonkhet will be like?

Me: As we all know, Amonkhet is based off of Egyptian Mythology, but no one thought about that part. Now what is the most important trial in Egyptian Mythology? The Egyptian Afterlife and the Feather of Truth. Here's an article on it.

The mentioned trial is the trial a person takes to see if they can make it to the afterlife, or something like it, but converted into the mtg lore.

What I think will happen, is that there are the "gods" of Amonkhet, which I somewhat believe are the ancient planeswalkers, mostly the surviving members of the Weatherlight and the Nine Titans. They could possibly be testing others through the trial to see who could join them, and later help them regain New Phyrexia.

The first trials, including the journey, would be the tests of skill and perseverance, while the Feather of Truth might symbolize the idea of a test to see if the member was worthy to join, if he was a good person.

Nicol Bolas however, might be wanting to overthrow those gods and reign over them, or just ruin the trials, and then the Gatewatch might either be trying to stop the trial, or are forced to join it, because after all, they are the most powerful planeswalkers there currently are.

My supporting evidence: The desert oasis of Amonkhet forges warriors. You have trained your entire life for a chance to face the Trials of the Five Gods and join the elite ranks of the Worthy. Using your strength, speed, and cunning, overcome deadly challenges and rise above the competition to claim an honored place in the Afterlife!
  • @TrippleBoggey3

Nicol Bolas rules Amonkeht himself. He himself made the trials, and is I think in an alliance with the gods himself, although I personally think you will only ever hear mentions of the gods.

I think the most likely thing to happen in Amonkeht is that Nicol Bolas is the last demon Liliana will need to slay. She will break away from the Gatewatch, and then they will follow. Here, they will find Nicol Bolas, and, helped by Ajani who I think will join the Gatewatch in Aether Revolt, they will attempt to slay Nicol Bolas. Also, it has already been announced that Amonkeht will 100% be about the people fighting to try and get into the afterlife, and prove themselves to the gods.
  • @KimJongMartin, Nice theory! I guess we'll just use this to discuss theories.
  • @TrippleBoggey3 What deck do you think really defined 2002 worlds and why? Most people attribute the victory by Carlos Romão to be mostly due to Psychatog but I think his heavy control and the ability to Cunning Wish in what he needed from his sideboard was a much larger factor.
  • @strongbelieves I can't believe I'm saying this but you're about as understandable as my calculus textbook.
  • edited October 2016
    Calculus isn't that hard...
  • edited October 2016
    @StrongBelieves, I gotta say it's both factors. Without either one, he couldn't have won. However, Cunning Wish does require much more skill than psychotog, so I guess I'll remember him for his Cunning Wish ability.

BTW, I wasn't even in school back then. I had to read the whole, well, just the condensed version of the whole thing to answer the question! The match was pretty nice tho.
  • edited October 2016
    What's the Riemann integral of the piecewise function {f(x)=1|x is a rational number} U {f(x)=0|x is an irrational number}?
  • @delrethius, I think we're getting a bit off topic, but I'm fine with any question, though math hasn't been my best subject and I shouldn't be doing your homework.
  • edited October 2016
    I have a question: In remnant creation type, how do Tycho's SNR and Kepler's SNR defer?
  • I doubt they defer to each other. Do you mean differ? They have two different names.
  • @delrethius, Thanks! That is actually a legit answer for my homework. I had to name 1 difference in the 2 SNRs and boom! That's the thing!
  • I disagree. The psychatogs only acted as game-enders while the vast majority of the games were played around countermagic and Deep Analysis/Fact or Fiction with Cunning/Burning Wish being used to retrieve cards exiled from graveyards via flashback or Lobotomy.

Cunning Wish was vastly superior to Burning Wish in that matchup for a few reasons. First, Ziegner had to board for red mana which split his mana base further. It wasn't really an issue for him to pull proper colored mana but he also took the 'opportunity' to board Flametongue Kavus (excellent card, not in that matchup), Fire/Ice (again, doesn't help him prevent the Psychatog issue) and Burning Wish instead of Cunning Wish which would have let him fetch Deep Analysis or Fact or Fiction and play it on his opponent's turn, something Romão made excellent use of. He didn't even have any Counterspells, something that cost him one of the games. Romão's deck was much tighter and his Uphevals allowed him to properly present his win condition and shut down his opponent on all three of his wins in the best of five.
  • . . . Yeah, you lost me.
    I must be one of the only people here that doesn't watch Pro Tour highlights or something.
  • I don't either. I just read the thingy to answer the question.
  • @Lujikul I don't watch the Pro-Tour Highlights. I watch the whole thing, straight through.
  • But then again, anyone who uses MTGCS is a nerd.
  • @TrippleBoggey3

Did you say that I'm a nerd?

...To be fair it's true, and more of a compliment than an insult to me anyway. :)
  • @TrippleBoggey3

Sorry, I ran into complications trying to post this, here's what I have to say:

Take a look at one of the most iconic structures ever built. The Great Sphinx. Now, others know it as the Father of Dread, or The Terrifying One. "In the New Kingdom, the Sphinx became more specifically associated with the god Hor-em-akhet, or "Horus at the Horizon". The sky. I feel there is a connection between Nicol Bolas and the Sphinx.

I quote from wizards, "This elder dragon had power torn away from him, and he will go to any lengths to get it back. For Nicol Bolas, all the power in the universe is not enough." Now he rules Amonkhet. My question is, did he take it by force, or did the plane accept him as their ruler? Maybe he did something similar to what he did on Alara, agents that do the dirty work, then attempt to take the plane for himself. And where do the gods fit in? Maybe they are ancient planewalkers. Another quote says, "His obsessive need to regain the godlike powers he had before The Mending. Back then, Planeswalkers were ageless shapeshifters whose supremacy was limited only by their experience and knowledge." The Five Gods could possibly be age old planeswalkers that may or may not exist. And because of that, when the societies of Amonkhet see Nicol Bolas, they see him as a giant dragon who came from a giant portal and basically said "hey this plane is mine."

This is all broad information, but I'm sure you'll get the basics. Long-story-short, NIcol Bolas has a lot in common with certain traits of the great sphinx. Not to mention he has a false beard much like the Pharaohs wore. It's interesting. And gods of Amonkhet may be planeswalkers.
  • @TrippleBoggey3 @KimJongMartin By the way, there is a distinction between geeks and nerds. (just in case you didn't know.)
  • Geeks make the excited face when Star Wars comes out, and Nerds are disappointed that it didn't come out sooner.
  • edited October 2016
    Well imma geek. Im addicted to this website and mtg in general. I love comic books and the recent superhero movies, i ALWAYS get premiere tickets for 'em. I love any action blockbuster and i am obsessed with anything to do with middle earth. All my shirts have a marvel or star wars character on it. I always say live long and prosper instead of goodbye, cause imma Trekie. My room has a bunch of posters on every thing i just said. Surprisingly, i have a good amount of friends. But i have nothing in common with them except MTG. I'm HYPED for dr. strange!!!!!

*Blushes* I think i went on a little rant.
  • Also, i will DESTROY anyone who calls me a NERD cause I'm a GEEK (That means you @TrippleBoggey3 ;) )
  • *Presses destroy button for the 145th time* WHY ISNT THIS WORKING!!?!?!?!?!!?
  • trust meh, it usually works ; )
  • Well, G'night!
  • @IanLowenthal That's true, but I'm practically an amalgamation of the two (A gerd, or a neek, if you like).
This discussion has been closed.