The Ultimate Showdown - Ongoing!!!!!

Welcome! To the ULTIMATE SHOWDOWN!!!

What is this contest about? Ultimate Showdown Video.
This is a contest to create cards for a specific game type. It’s based solely off of a youtube video that came out in 2008 that me and my friends loved as kids.
The goal is to create cards for all of the most famous, infamous, awesome, and interesting characters across all kinds of media. This includes but is not limited to characters like: Batman, Legolas, Mario, Deadpool, Chuck Norris, Godzilla, One Punch Man, Darth Vader, Master Chief, and many other awesome characters that we know and love (or love to hate). These cards need to be playable and accurately represent the character they portray. The game type is heavily creature based but other cards are needed as well. Artifacts, enchantments, sorceries, and the like that are based off of famous video games, movies, books, or even music are acceptable.

The Ultimate Showdown will have a few different rules.
Major rule changes / things to keep in mind:
1. Players’ decks do not contain lands
2. Players’ decks are randomized using all of the cards in the Ultimate Showdown.
3. Players don’t draw a card at the beginning of their turn. Instead they may choose to either draw a card or put any basic land into play.
4. Whenever a creature deals combat damage to a player, that creature’s controller may choose to either draw a card or place a basic land into play.
Minor rule changes / things to keep in mind:
1. Will be played using a planechase deck. Planechase Rules.
2. Cards and players use Hype instead of life. (Hypelink instead of Lifelink for example)
3. The game is played in rounds. When only one player is left, we will shuffle all of the surviving characters back into the deck and deal them back out for the next round. The game ends when there is only one character left.
4. Cards that are discarded are dealt back out in the next round.
5. As a general rule, please don’t make anything bigger than 9/9.

If you would like examples see: Card examples.

This contest ends December 11th
Prizes:
This Christmas I’m finally getting back together with my friends and we are going to play a huge game of magic like the good old days using these cards!!! :D So if I like any your cards, they will actually get played amongst a group of close friends and I will of course give you full credit!!

Post ten or more cards that I favorite? I will favorite 5 cards of your choice.
Post three or more cards that I favorite? I will follow you.
I will favorite any of the cards entered that I like.

1st: 3 faves, of your choice, a follow, and a trophy card.
2nd: 2 faves of your choice and a trophy card.
3rd: 1 fave of your choice and a trophy card.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.