Mechanix Challenge - Twelve

84 years ago, @Tomigon, @MrRansom, and @Corwinnn started a project called TheMechanix. Now, its secret is revealed. It is where we organize all custom keyword mechanics posted to Mechanic Encyclopedia for ALL.

For Mechanix Challenge - Twelve
We would like you to choose a custom keyword mechanic from THIS SET: http://mtgcardsmith.com/user/TheMechanix/sets/13738
and make an incredible card that uses it.

In Mechanix Challenge Twelve, the focus is on Keyword Abilities - Triggered
Mechanix Challenge - Twelve features mechanics from @Suicidal_Deity, @Gelectrode, @ZendikarIncarnate, @FangQuil, @Ludos, @Latinas, @seaspray4TF3, @Beeswax, @Darkray and @Faiths_Guide

CRITERIA
Presentation, art selection, templating, spelling, balance, usefulness and flavor.

Limit of fifteen entries per person.
Deadline in 1 week : Oct. 28th
*Top 3 winners will get a super amazing -TROPHY- and added to -HALL OF FAME- !
*Winners may choose a mechanic from Mechanic Encyclopedia for ALL. They will be used in Mechanix Challenge thirteen or fourteen!

Comments

• edited October 2016
    Here are the Mechanics for Mechanix Challenge Twelve

Frost Aura by Suicidal_Deity
    Frost Aura (Whenever this creature attacks, tap target creature defending player controls.)

Pain Monger by Suicidal_Deity
    Pain Monger (Whenever this creature is dealt damage, put a +1/+1 counter on it.)

Feed N by Gelectrode
    Feed N (Whenever a creature dealt damage by this creature dies, put N +1/+1 counters on this creature)

Worship by Gelectrode
    Worship (Whenever another creature enters the battlefield, if this creature has not previously worshipped another creature, you may have this creature worship that creature. If you do, that creature gets +1/+1 for as long as you control this creature.)

Despise by Gelectrode
    Despise (When this creature enters the battlefield, you may have it despise another creature type.)
    AUTHOR'S NOTE : Has bonuses against despised creatures.

Spoils of War by ZendikarIncarnate
    Spoils of War (Whenever a creature dealt damage by this creature this turn dies, you may search its controller's library for an artifact card and put it onto the battlefield under your control. If you do, that player shuffles his or her library.)

Infest by FangQuil
    Infest N (Whenever a creature dealt damage by this creature this turn dies, return it to the battlefield under your control with N -1/-1 counters on it.)

Adaptability by Ludos
    Adaptability (Whenever a creature enters the battlefield under an opponent's control, if that creature has greater power or toughness than this creature, put a +1/+1 counter on this creature.)

Rebirth by Suicidal_Deity
    Rebirth [cost] (When this creature dies in combat, you may pay its rebirth cost. If you do, return it to the battlefield tapped at the beginning of the next end step.)

Rhapsody by Suicidal_Deity
    Rhapsody (Whenever this creature attacks, you may tap or untap another target permanent for each Song attached to this creature.)
    AUTHOR'S NOTE : Songs were tribal enchantments I made. Auras and regular enchantments. Usually resulting in board wide buffs or debuffs.

Soul Sibling by Latinas
    Soul Sibling [Cost] (When this creature enters the battlefield, you may pay its Soul Sibling cost. If you do, put a token that's a copy of it onto the battlefield except for Soul Sibling ability.)

Preserve by seaspray4TF3
    Preserve (When this creature enters the battlefield, you may exile a land you control. When this creature leaves the battlefield, return the exiled card to the battlefield under its owner's control.)

And three additional mechanics selected for this challenge. Two returning and one new!

Binary by Beeswax
    Binary (Whenever you cast a spell, switch this permanent between on and off. It starts on.)

Repair by Darkray
    Repair [Cost] (At the beginning of your end step, sacrifice this permanent unless you pay its repair cost.)

Warp by Faiths_Guide
    Warp (When you draw this card you may reveal it from your hand. If you do sorcery spells have flash until end of turn.)
  • edited October 2016
  • Yay! I'm the first to comment!

(Don't know why this is so satisfying.)
  • @KimJongMartin - Some people just like to be at the front of the line... even if it's the line for stinky cheese, NO ONE GETS IT BEFORE YOU DO!!
    XD
  • edited October 2016
    Quick rules question regarding spoils of war. If the creature with spoils of war dies and kills an opposing creature, will it still activate?

EDIT: Apologies for the question, new here.
  • edited October 2016
    @racnoss900
    Yes it will. Oh, and Welcome to the Forums!

(No need to ever apologize for asking a question around here.)
  • edited October 2016
    @Faiths_Guide

Well that's fantastic, because I believe I will most probably have a lot.
    Speaking of which, here's another one:
    If I'm not sure of the wording or balance of my cards, do I just post them here and ask for people's opinions? Or should I do that elsewhere..?

Thank you for your kindness :)
  • edited October 2016
    entry moved
  • @racnoss900
    I'd suggest that you always leave one comment on each new card you make (you'll need a Disqus account). Then you'll be notified if someone responds. In that comment you can ask whatever you want!

However, you're always welcome to ask opinions here or anywhere. Also, feel free to PM anyone on the site; practically anyone here is happy and willing to lend a hand when able!

No need for thanks, but, you're welcome!
  • First entry:Feed
  • edited October 2016
    entry moved
  • edited October 2016
    moved
  • First Entries:
    Binary and Warp
    image image
  • @MaverickGV
    Very nice use of Warp!
  • Another Entry:
    Rebirth and Repair

• edited October 2016
    Warp

I would have used Rebirth, but the wording was too long.
  • edited October 2016
    moved
  • Feed and Hunger (hunger is a custom mechanic made by me)
  • edited October 2016
    moved
  • edited October 2016
    Preserve:
    Honestly probably should be {1}{w} or maybe even a {w} 1/2
  • Spoils of War (shortened to spoils) and Worship?
  • Using Warp
  • edited October 2016
    ... and the opposite: Worship (definitely this time):
    (note: opposite of False Idol)
This discussion has been closed.