NO.1 CARDSMITH FINAL CHALLENGE!

WELCOME TO YOUR LAST CHALLENGE FOR THIS CONTEST!
Firstly, I would like to thank you all for being a part of this challenge. This, as the host, has been an entertaining experience and one that I have enjoyed and hope you have too. A special thanks must go to @Corwinnn who has been a major help through-out this whole process.

NOW TO YOUR CHALLENGE!
If you haven't been able to figure it out before now then i feel sorry for you. YOUR CHALLENGE IS.... PLANESWALKERS . Design a completely new Planeswalker. No remakes, no alteration, no similarities. COMPLETELY NEW. The standard rules apply (please don't tell me I have to post the original rule sheet. Surely you guys know it by now).

THE EXCEPTIONS TO THIS CHALLENGE ARE:
1. NO EDITING. All editing must be approved by myself but be warned, you will be disadvantaged when it comes to grading.
2. ONLY 1 ENTRY ALLOWED. Yes, I am serious. One singular entry. You guys are now the "Top 10 Cardsmiths" on this website. People will be viewing this discussion to see why you guys are ranked so highly.
3. All cards must be brand new for this discussion.

Again, the recommendations for this are vague however, due to public holidays and the christmas period, you will still have the full 2 weeks to make 1 entry. Put your heart and soul into this one. It will be tough but the rewards will be worth it.

CARDSMITHS WHO ARE ABLE TO COMPETE IN THIS CHALLENGE ARE:
@TrippleBoggey3 @Corwinnn @Gelectrode @Faiths_Guide @dashdo101 @kltmtg29 @KJMartin @TasyCheez @Tutlaschk @thenightbringer

This Challenge will close for judging on the 6TH JANUARY 2017 . At this point, once results have been decided, ranking from 10th all the way to 1st will be posted one place every hour. These posts will include the prizes that are allocated to each placement.

Lastly, A Merry Christmas to you all and will see you in the New Year.

Happy Designing and Good Luck,
Butters

Comments

• OH...MY...GOODNESS...

If I win this, then *&%^$£$^&*&*^%&*!
  • Well I've had a walker in mind for maybe 6 months that I never created... I guess it's time.

Remember guys, these so called "'Top 10 Cardsmiths' on this website" are highly subjective and just one inexperienced member's opinion. So don't get pig-headed!
  • @Faiths_Guide At first I thought you said
    "Remember guys, these so called "'Top 10 Cardsmiths' on this website" are highly subjective and just one pig-headed member's opinion"!

But still, while @Butters may be inexperienced, I feel he's done very well with these challenges - the members who have made bad cards in these contests have been ejected. And while @TrippleBoggey3 is experienced he often judges - sorry - *dreadfully*. Just look at that "normal civilians" contest...
  • edited December 2016
    Please save some exclamation points for the rest of us.
    Also, I have decided to rejoin this contest now that we're not longer making cards with parasitic mechanics:
  • edited December 2016
    @strongbelieves, it does not work that way, sorry mate. You didn't enter a card which was your choice and you were eliminated in that round. Plus your card is not new so it wouldn't qualify anyway.
  • @butters It's ok, it's new enough. It is the most recent planeswalker I've made that wasn't a rework of a previous one.
  • @Butters you misspelled my name again... :(
  • NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT PLANESWALKERS!!!

• How many of us are only on Mobile? I know TrippleBoggey3 is for sure...
    Mobile has no Planeswalkers
  • edited December 2016
    Shoot..... Forgot about mobile......Give me a moment ill think around this.
  • @Butters

A possible way to get around it is for mobile entrants to post all the text for their planeswalker (including mana cost, loyalty, name and so on) here with an art link and then someone else can put the card together and post it on their behalf. It's not perfect but just a thought.
  • Anyone competing in this challenge, who needs a Planeswalker made, just needs to post the details and artwork here, and I'll create it for them.
  • Even though I had been cut in the previous round (sadly but I'll move on) I would gladly help anyone with making a planeswalker/ templating one :)
  • @Animist, thanks for that idea. So if anyone wants to do that, message anyone who is nominating to help out and do your best. If you are doing it this way, just post a notice on this discussion, especially if it is close to closing, just so I know there are more entries coming.
  • @Butters didn't you say you would reveal prizes at top 10?
  • @TastyCheez
    And didn't @Butters say:
    "...Once results have been decided, ranking from 10th all the way to 1st will be posted one place every hour. These posts will include the prizes that are allocated to each placement."
  • Can't wait to see the placings!
  • So should I make a walker?
  • edited December 2016
    (Six, or so, months in the making.)

BE SURE TO READ THE COMMENT SECTION!
    MORE INFO THERE ABOUT @fabiocbinbutter's CACHE MECHANIC!
  • I was thinking of making a planeswalker, asking some people to give some feedback on it, then re-creating it and posting it here. Is that okay?
  • @KJMartin, sorry to be harsh but gotta say no. That defeats the whole purpose of no editing.
  • @Butters
    So, since it took you a while to reply, I made a kind of first draft of some of my walker ideas on my alt account. Can I just remake one, giving it an art and changing the last ability (cause it doesn't work)?
  • @KJMartin, you can visit the "Post your cards here, see what people think" thread and post your card there. I have done that with two possible entries already!
  • @Gelectrode
    Yah, I did something similar like that already.
    Can I just remake + refine the drafts and post them here? I think a couple o' people are doing it @Butters.
  • I have made my walker, but may need to tweak one or two things and need to write some lore. I will submit it later today (or, if there is no time, later tomorrow).
    Lore is coming soon.
  • @KJMartin
    Nice one!

The +1 would likely be worded:
    +1: Target opponent may have you gain 2 life. If that player doesn't, create a 1/1 white Human Soldier creature token.
This discussion has been closed.