Contest: The Boros Prison

edited December 2016 in Contests and Challenges
The Boros Prison

=== Rules ===

Create a creature (legendary or nonlegendary) or planeswalker who has for some reason found themselves in the depths of a Boros prison, surrounded by their fellow scum and low-lives. Perhaps they were framed, perhaps their fate is well deserved. Write a story to accompany the card explaining how they got there.

http://mtgsalvation.gamepedia.com/Guilds_of_Ravnica

== Example ==

imageimage

Regalus, Banished Izmagnus: While the Izzet pride themselves on the concept of no experiment too grand and no limit too far to push, Regalus seemed to have pushed the Draco-genius to his breaking point. What transpired in his workshop is only known to the two scientists but it was enough to have him forcibly removed from the Izzet League. He then spent the rest of his mortal life in the bowels of a ravnican prison, his name lost with time. Stories and rumors have been said of his escape, and that he plots a revenge most foul against Niv-Mizzet.

Yvanna, the Ivory Thorn: Imprisoned for disobeying the Orzhov and getting involved with a dangerous Dimir plot to launch competing corrupt ghost-bankers into bloody conflict. The Ivory Thorn was sent to a dark under-city prison to atone for her vision of a just Orzhov. Some say that the underpaid boros guards that have struck a deal with the vampire to secure a part of a minor fortune, in exchange for a small amount of freedom.

=== Dates ===

A much quicker smaller contest this time, short judging date!
Starting: Saturday December 24th
Ending: Saturday January 7th

=== Prizes ===

First Place - 5 favorites of your choice + a follow (3 additional favorites if I'm already following you)
Second Place - 3 favorites of your choice + a follow (3 additional favorites if I'm already following you)
Third Place - 2 favorites of your choice

Comments

• @Pewd, I suggest you read the contest rules.
    http://forums.mtgcardsmith.com/discussion/4/mtg-cardsmith-forum-rules#latest
    1 Follow per winner, spoofing fake accounts for follows is against the rules.
  • @mtgwizard9003 - Nice spot... I bet he meant "additional favorites"
  • edited December 2016
    @mtgwizard9003 Haha that's actually a typo I meant to fix! It's supposed to say "favorites" to give a little extra reward to those who have won in the past! I'll fix it up right now

@Corwinnn You beat me to it! :)
  • My entry.

Koekarr, The Avenger
    He was the loyal guard of the nobleman Pherris Momar, and though he was hired at a lowly rate, his honour wouldn't allow him to slack when it came to protection. The time the two spent together eventually blossomed into a strong friendship, and soon, Koekarr began to not care about the money. This all changed when Momar was killed by one of his own advisers. Koekarr only witnessed the murderer leave through the window, but was certain he knew whom it was. Unfortunately, due to the lack of evidence, the adviser could not be charged. Koekarr took revenge on the murderer of his friend and employer. He was caught in the act, painted in the colour of vengeance, and the guards were called to arrest him. Koekarr did not put up a fight. He was charged for the murder of the young Duke's adviser, and though many believed he did it for a just cause, he was unfortunately convicted. Koekarr now is set to rot for years in the Boros prison, doomed to live a bitter existence.

Note: I only created Pherris Momar as lore fodder. Koekarr himself is the entry, as he's the only one in the prison.

Hope you like it!
  • @Idoclass looks great!

Cardsmith forums have never disappointed :) off to a great start.
  • edited December 2016
    http://mtgcardsmith.com/view/jack-behellow-sorcerer
    My Card: Jack was sent to Boros because of his brother. In a laboratory freak accident Jack knocked over a highly flammable liquid causing the whole lab to burn down. He was charged with murder. During the journey to the prison he tried to escape and burned the carriage. Armed gaurds struck him in the heart with spears. He survived and in that incident he became a shapeshifter. At Boros they put him in a cell with literally no escape.
  • This looks...so...Frikkin'...Cool!
    I'll write some lore later, wait.
This discussion has been closed.