Winner is the Judge #1 (Unappreciated Creatures)

2»

Comments

• I'm seeing a lot of really amazing entries! Keep it up guys! Although in the future, I think someone should put a limit on the number of entries per person. Otherwise I could see this getting out of hand.
  • I think 2 entries per person, unless there is a call for more. That seems fair, with an allowance for remakes of the same card? Anyone else have a vote?
  • @Corwinnn
    I already made three cards... D:
  • In the future @Damnation
    XD
  • Two with remakes makes sense.

Three without remakes. (More hardcore.)
  • @Corwinnn Bu-bu-...That's taking things too literal!
  • You thought that Ship was a dead creature type? Think again, suckers!
    http://mtgcardsmith.com/view/gonera-beauty-of-the-seas
  • Was reading through comments and noticed this:

mtgcardsmith
    May 12
    Great contest idea!

Did I seriously get complimented by the website? I FEEL SO FAMOUS! ^_^
  • edited May 2015
    What about fish? http://mtgcardsmith.com/view/piranha-schooling#.VVZPLY6jOFw I was debating calling it a swarmling but I think Schooling makes more sense? Also yes the ablility swarm stacks:D
  • Today is the last day, hurry if you want to enter!
  • The day is not over yet, @AtheraCollaborationSet , Give @legendxp some time to judge.
  • @necarg the end date was yesterday
  • edited May 2015
    Judging is finished!
  • Top five;

5th Place: Callous's SYNERGENETIC STALKER

Realism - 3/5
    Theme - 5/5
    Power - 3.5/5
    Flavor/Art - 4/5

While I find this card very neat, I find four creature types on a single card to be a bit much. Also, the Precursor ability is neat but almost impossible to pull off unless you're running a changeling deck. Also, neat picture.

4th Place: SorcerersBone's KHER KEEP DUNGEONMAGE

Realism - 5/5
    Theme - 3/5
    Power - 4/5
    Flavor/Art - 5/5

While kobold definitely IS an unappreciated creature type, both wizard and ally are used quite often. Also, while the the casting cost of zero fits with kobolds, making it an ally with such a low cost can be gamebreaking.

3rd Place: Damnation's BEHOLDER OF SPECIMENS

Realism - 5/5
    Theme - 3.5/5
    Power - 5/5
    Flavor/Art - 5/5

Also a very cool card with a lot of flavor. However, while not having a creature type is unique, the contest was unappreciated creature types and your card doesn't fully incorporate this even though it is similar.

2nd Place: benw's THE UNFORESEEN CONSEQUENCE

Realism - 5/5
    Theme - 5/5
    Power - 4/5
    Flavor/Art - 5/5

Definitely haven't seen a starfish card in awhile. I loved how he made more minions of himself. However, this has the potential to combo off very easily and is already a 5/5 for 5cmc.
  • 1st Place: NicoStoner's ARMORED EMPIRE

Realism - 5/5
    Theme - 5/5
    Power - 5/5
    Flavor/Art - 5/5

Weaker than Avacyn but still a tank, Armored Empire is what things that cost 7cmc should be able to do. Homarids are also very unappreciated. My only gripe is that perhaps it should have been a "beginning of your upkeep" ability instead of a tap ability, that way it would still be able to attack/block when needed.
  • Sorry about posting so late, I pulled an all nighter with work yesterday and ended up falling into a sleep coma. In the future, if monday comes around and nobody has judged, just let the person from second place in the previous contest make the next one (or third if otherwise unavailable and so on and so forth etc).

Anyways to Nicostoner, you're up and don't forget to post rules for the contest. I believe the new rule should be either one or two entries per person with remakes. If you can judge more go for it.
This discussion has been closed.