Lewd Advertisements Appearing on MTG Cardsmith Forums

Lately, I've been seeing a lot of highly inappropriate ads on the forums. Anything that can be done about it?

Comments

• Update: They are also appearing on-site.

• We'll have to look into it. Do you know what business the ads are for?
  • Let me go to any page (since they're appearing more and more and more!)

*visits home page*

It's for this game called "Blade or Queen". I've almost gotten in trouble at school 5 times for this ad, despite the fact that it's okay for me to visit the site! The picture shows a woman sucking her thumb and points towards "free play". I think you know what it's implying.
  • Agreed. In the past, I have seen some similarly distasteful forms of advertisement, although the advertisement I see the most often are "Watch Now 7 Days Free" Sling advertisement and "Dawn helps save wildlife."

*visits home page*

Currently, I am looking at what appears to be an advertisement for ".jet"
  • I am seeing an ad for some anime-looking trading card game. I think it's called Weiss Scwartz...
  • I keep on seeing "Goodbye Ordinary, Hello Extraordinary" ads about going to the US and "WORLD of TANKS" ads.
  • I get Jet and Amazon a lot.... going to home page...
    I just got "Gilt"... It has a dude and a croquet hammer
    and www.treetime.com
    and Squarespace
  • I get the sense that these ads may be basing themselves partially on your cookies. Which may be an indicator that this is a safe place where we don't judge each other based on the ads they get.
  • edited January 2017
    Guys, here is a clarification. Adds are generated by google specifically on your browsing history. The site does not choose what adds to generate. So in other words, @Tommia if you see a woman sucking her thumb, then... Let your conscience be your judge.

Let me know if I am wrong.
  • @TrippleaBoggey3 You're not wrong, mostly. I suspect a lot of the gaming ones are just there because this is a gaming website. ('Tis the truth.) So there is that. Also they tend to cycle around a bit. I was getting free MMO adds for a while, and now I'm getting a lot of university adds. And I haven't changed my browsing habits.
  • That stinks, I've been trying to get the lady with the thumb for like an hour now....
    XD
  • @TrippleBoggey3 My school must be lewd AF, 'cuz that's where I'm accessing from, and they filter ads and don't allow cookies. LOL.
  • @Tommia Well, based on my junior high and high school experiences, that'd explain a lot.
  • There are a lot of ads for scam games that use half-naked women and stolen art assets from other games. This is why uBlock exists.
This discussion has been closed.