Cursed Dice Roll: Typography (Set #2)

Hello fellow Cardsmiths, we're starting the new set of dice rolls up today. (Currently hosted by @modnation675)

The rules are fairly simple. You'll roll the dice four times to determine each of the criteria to use from the following cards! (Button rolls all four dice.)

--> (Roll The Dice) <-- [If you would like to follow this group, Click Here!]

Current abilities and/or Keywords (Updated: 5th April 2017):
Use the roll of your fourth dice to decide the keyword to base your card around. If possible given your keyword, please involve it on the card!

Rolled 1 or 2: Cycling
Cycling [cost] ([cost], Discard this card: Draw a card.)
or
[Type] Cycling [cost] ([cost], Discard this card: Search your library for a [Type] card, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library.)
Rolled 3 or 4: Embalm
Embalm [cost] ([cost], Exile this card from your graveyard: Create a token that's a copy of it, except it's a white Zombie [creature's other creature types] with no mana cost. Embalm only as a sorcery.)
Rolled 5 or 6: Exert
Exert (An exerted creature won't untap during your next untap step.)

[Or you could just choose one if you're having difficulties!]

Note: If the challenge is too difficult, we have a more restricted set here for practice!
Cursed Dice Roll: General (Ongoing)

(Keywords are changed every Wednesday after the 22nd of March. There are no limits to the amount of entries per Cardsmith!)

For a description on the terms used in the third roll of the dice regarding card themes,
Click Here!

imageimageimage
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For a quick guide to image/link posting, look below!
Quick Guide (W/ Visual Aid)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(This contest is in the Contests and Challenges section since there will be prizes to be mentioned. Such as favorites and possibly subscriptions!)

Comments

• edited March 2017
    The keywords this week are as follows. (Update for 22nd of March, 2017)

Rolled 1 or 2: Flash (You may cast this spell any time you could cast an instant.)
    Rolled 3 or 4: Convoke (Your creatures can help cast this spell. Each creature you tap while casting this spell pays for 1 or one mana of that creature's color.)
    Rolled 5 or 6: Dethrone (Whenever this creature attacks the player with the most life or tied for most life, put a +1/+1 counter on it.)

Just as for the last challenge there will be prizes for this one each week. Sometimes including premium subscriptions!

If anyone feels this challenge is too difficult due to being designed to work with all card types, you may do the following one as practice.
    Cursed Dice Roll: General (Ongoing)

As well as promoting this contest. XD
    Twin Nations Contest: Custom Commanders

(Don't worry KJMartin, amplify will be in a future week.)
  • It will also be nice to know how many keywords feel like an ideal number to fellow Cardsmiths. In addition to the favorite keywords of the community! :)
  • Since I didn't have a dice, I asked someone for random numbers:
    5, 4, 5, 1. Oh great sideboard...
  • edited March 2017
    @Jyagaimasu
    You're funny. There's a dice in the main post, here's a link! Remember it could also be a tech card that is main-boarded as mentioned above. (Very common occurence!)

Roll the Dice
  • Oh...
    well that dice roll was Pain!
    well here it is:
  • Rolled 4,2,4,1= Red, Artifact/enchantment, Tribal/planeswalkers, Flash

Sidenote: due to the rather convoluted mechanic of the game now, I am kind of confused on how it works, so I hope this is right.
  • 3, 3, 1, 2
    Black, instant/sorcery, tempo/aggro, flash.

Just one question. How the heck do I incorporate flash?
  • @Credius
    If there is anything that I can clarify better, please mention so.

I made this version of the dice roll so that we can make non-creature cards as well. Which wasn't supported much in the past dice roll challenges!
  • edited March 2017
    @Lujikul
    Make the spell have flash under a certain condition while making its card type as a Sorcery.

Here are some examples. (Not as entries!)
    imageimageimage
  • 2, 3, 1, 1
    A blue tempo sorcery with flash. Lets go.
    Not too happy with this. How many entries per person?
  • edited March 2017
    @Superman101
    As many as you like. (Updated challenge description to match!)
  • 5-2-1-6: A green artifact/enchantment for aggro/tempo that has dethrone. I don't use aggro or tempo very often, so I have no idea if this is any good for it:

• edited March 2017
    @0wlb0y
    It's a very cool enchantment. I'll be uploading another enchantment with dethrone tomorrow to bump this challenge. (Anticpation! XD)
  • 1, 3, 1, 3 what are the odds
  • @modnation675 So I got rolled Instant or sorcery, can we use for example tribal instant?
  • edited March 2017
    @Latinas
    Yep, the rules aren't to specific because there not meant to be strict. :)
  • 2,3,2,3 = Blue, Instant/sorcery, combo/synergy, Convoke

• edited March 2017
    5, 3, 5, 5

Green, Instant/Sorcery, Tech/Sideboard, Dethrone

Lifegain's, anti-dethrone, sideboard, super-tech!
  • edited March 2017
    Roll: 5, 2, 5, 5.
    A green enchantment that supports dethrone, this one being a tech card. The card demonstrates that even odd rolls are plausible but require extra creativity!

This card was inspired by the following videos. (Short lengthed video!)
    Anime Mix AMV ♫ Paranoia
    & Twisted Metal: Head-On - Grasshopper's Ending

Decided on reach due to it making more sense tribe-wise, especially as a tech card.
  • @modnation675 you're using "vines" and "plants" which I reckon warrants Reach more than Trample
  • @Credius
    Thank you, I'll make the change momentarily. I really wasn't sure, so I'm glad someone could help decide!
  • Plants have been needing more tribal; poor Avenger of Zendikar is lonely--and it isn't even a plant!
    Anyways, 5-1-3-4: A green creature with convoke for late-game stuff.
    This is the kind of card I'd assume a green "control" deck would use to turn the tides and end the game. Also, I've never been good at balancing costs, and convoke makes it tricky.
  • I tried to figure out what black sorcery with conditional flash I'd want most by turn four or five in an aggro deck, and came up with this.
    http://mtgcardsmith.com/view/wicked-infusion
  • edited March 2017
    Surprise Announcement:
    We're giving out more prizes. Who would've thought! XD

Prizes:
    •1 premium subscription to the creator of a flavorful or interesting card uploaded this week. (Only for those without premium!)
    •3 favorites to each of this week's top three Cardsmiths.

Prizes will given next Wednesday, so you have plenty of time!

Additionally, make sure to join the Cardsmith Duels.
  • I actually rolled dice this time! I got 5, 4, 5, 4.
    I don't believe it.
    another green legendary sideboard??¿?¿¿¿?¿?¿?¿?¿?
    why meeeeeeee?
  • Well here it is:
    Just to clarify, I did not get Convoke wrong, the ability underneath it is a seperate ability.
    (Red, Artifact or enchantment, Planeswalker or tribal, Convoke)
  • 2, 5, 3, 1

Blue, Creature/Land, Late game/Control, Dethrone

• edited March 2017
    4, 4, 1, 1

Red, Planeswalker, Aggro, Flash

This discussion has been closed.