Fast Turn Around Game

Comments

• *Looks left* *Looks right* @TenebrisNemo? Where are you!?
  • @KrampisZman I am here. I should have judged last night but I was busy being in a cinema. I will judge this now.
  • Alright, sorry about the delay, @Everyone. I've been busy and when I had time to judge this yesterday, it was 3:00 and I was sleepy. Now it's late again so I try to get this over with.

The Axe of Judgement falls!

@Faiths_Guide - Militia Counselor: It's simple, effective and fits the mechanic pretty well with sweet flavor. I like it! Well done!

@KrampisZman - Final Flames: This is a chaotic card which could be in any pyromancer deck. The balance is good and this is a great finisher when everyone is on death's door. Good work!

& Corwinhorna Devoted: A tough cleric with strong flavor. Though, I think the rarity is a little too high. Uncommon would be more fitting. Nevertheless, the flavor in this card is amazing!

@sanjaya666 - Artful Movement: I like how the art fits with the name of this card. However, the mana cost is too high. One {w} would have been fitting when comparing to other similar instants. It would be a quick boost for one of your creatures with a more decent price, especially when you are "on your last legs". Anyways, The card's idea is awesome!

@Cybernekit - One Against All: This card reminds me of Slagwurm Armor. I don't think this should be mythic rare. Uncommon or rare would have been fine. The card allows you to have one big blocker and the fateful hour ability can save your life. Fantastic!

@modnation675 - Heras, Humble Protector: This little walking flesh shield will save you from pyromancer decks or any other decks with similar tactics. It's so good that I think it should be mythic rare. As long as your opponent hasn't invested on his/her creatures or black sacrificing spells, you are safe. A fateful cat indeed!

@Brainifyer - Grove of Protection: This seems interesting. It protects you from black "pay life" abilities and pretty much makes you indestructible when life drops below 5 until the enchantment has given you enough life for opponents to hurt you again. When you have 5 or less life, play out Sulfurix Vortex and watch as the opponents burn. Yeah, the final ability may be too powerful. But I like this card so much for some reason!

@ASubtleGhost - Phaenox, Colossal Champion: A late game life preserver. I think Protector of the Crown has the correct wording for the 1st ability. It's expensive, but once you get this onto the battlefield, you just might stay alive and beat your opponents down. Excellent!

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

And the fateful winner is...

@Cybernekit with One Against All!

@Cybernekit - Tell me which card to favorite and start the next challenge!
  • @TenebrisNemo Please favourite this card:https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/fryslak-tyrant-of-kaltavya

@Everyone Make either a non-White Angel themed card or a non-Red Dragon themed card.

The card does not necessarily have to be an Angel or a Dragon, but can synergise with them instead.
  • I think it's safe to say, going to wait a little longer on this one so we can get more than one entry. Nice card though, @Brainifyer!
  • I think I'm going to judge this now there's at least a few entries.

@Brainifyer - Captain of the Fallen - This is a nice addition for combating Angel heavy decks, as it keeps your opponent from using one as a big heavy blocker whilst being able to fend off most Angels with its stats and flying.

@Faiths_Guide - Dictator of Insight - A neat ability if you're struggling for cards, though unless you're buffing your hand size and your opponent has plentiful card draw, you run the risk of either drawing too many or too few cards.

& Dictator of Progress - My favourite of the three Dictators, it has the potential to keep artifact and enchantment heavy decks from getting combos off, and can completely shut down token artifacts. I'd play it for sure!

& Dictator of Malady - With Dictator of Malady on the board, even Innocent Blood can become a game-winning board clear. Having 'each player' in its text instead of 'each opponent' is also a balanced drawback I think, as it means you have to keep your own board full to prevent the card from sacrificing itself.

@TenebrisNemo - Angel of the Damned - A great choice for any Delve deck, and a nice counter to decks such as Ingest or red exile spells. I'm not sure about its coin flip ability though, it seems too trivial and complicated to be of much use. Giving the card Delve (And possibly a higher mana cost to compensate) would've been a much more fitting choice.

@ASubtleGhost - Jaws of the Beast - A strong enchantment that can force your opponent into unfavorable trades if played on a smaller creature. Great for countering mono-green especially, and would certainly fit into the Dragon-heavy Tarkir block as a Temur card.

And the winner is... @Brainifyer with Captain of the Fallen!
    Let me know which card you want favouriting, and begin the next challenge!
  • Please favourite this: https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/braam-sire-of-rot

The next challenge is to make a card with dash. If you don't know hat dash is, it's the Kolaghan's mechanic from Fate reforged and Dragons of Tarkir. It reads Dash (cost) (You may cast this spell for its dash cost. If you do, it gains haste, and it's returned from the battlefield to its owner's hand at the beginning of the next end step.)
  • edited May 2017
    Very very simple... but useful...
  • edited May 2017
    Changed

• Judging:
    @Cybernekit with Arrow Snapper.
    It seems far too weak to ever normal cast, but its dash cost is fine. I can't see its ability making a huge difference, but it is flavorful and interesting.
    @ASubtleGhost with Charging Cataphracts
    It is interesting and powerful but not too powerful. I like it! Bonus points because high ground.
    @obsidianhoax with Fleeting Moray
    It seems a bit off-color but it is useful. Nice.
    @sanjaya666 with Renegade Jungle Runner
    This seems very powerful, bordering on overpowered. I like the card, but the dash cost should cost a bit more I think.

And the winner is...
    @ASubtleGhost and Charging Cataphracts!
    Tell me what card you want favorited and let the next round begin!
  • So if I'm right, @ASubtleGhost chooses the next challenge, and I can enter right? Then he chooses the winner, then that winner makes the next challenge and judges?
  • Let's start. I'm bored ;)
  • I happen to be buisy from time to time, sorry ! Let's go: make me some Dragons
    For some reason I decided to make an alternate universe version of Nicol Bolas where he's noble and Jeskai instead of evil Grixis. He is a dragon, so don't ask questions, just enjoy!
  • edited May 2017
    I think this would be an interesting concept.

Feedback appreciated!
  • edited June 2017
  • Ooooo... this looks fun.
  • May I ask for an extension of ten hours? I have to go to bed.
This discussion has been closed.