Cursed Dice Roll: Unity (Set #2 V2)

Comments

• edited May 2017
    Announcement:
    Since it's becoming hard to find enough cards to favorite from each account on a weekly basis, I will be awarding smaller amounts of favorites to the top five cards from now on. This will make it easier and often provide more participants with prizes.

(Additional prizes such as premium subscriptions will vary depending on the week.)

Base Weekly Prizes:
    The creators of the top five cards each get two favorites.
  • 1, 2, 3, 2

White, Artifact/Enchantment, Late game/Control, Council's Dilemma

• edited May 2017
    2, 2, 2, 1

Blue, enchantment, combo (i think), council's dilemma

• 5, 3, 3, 5

Green, Instant/Sorcery, Late game/Control, Parley

Mielikki is the Finnish goddess of forests and the hunt. She is referred to in various tales as either the wife or the daughter-in-law of Tapio, and the mother of Nyyrikki and Tuulikki. She is said to have played a central role in the creation of the bear.
  • 1, 4, 2, 6

White, Legendary/Planeswalker, Combo/Synergy, Join Forces

• 1, 2, 4, 5

White, Artifact or Enchantment, Tribal or Planeswalker, Parley

Let all have some fun with Planeswalkers! (btw I would really be tempted to get unwinding clock just for this!)
  • 6, 3, 1, 2

Join Forces, Black, Creature/Land, Combo/Synergy

• 5, 4, 2, 4

Green, Legendary/Planeswalker, Combo/Synergy, Will of the Council

• 4, 2, 2, 2

Red, Artifact/Enchantment, Combo/Synergy, Council's Dilemma

• 4-3-4-2: Red tribal sorcery with council's dilemma.

• 5, 4, 2, 2

Green, Legendary/Planeswalker, Combo/Synergy, Council's Dilemma

• 1-2-1-5: White aggro/tempo artifact/enchantment with parley:

• 2, 1, 5, 3: Blue mana producing sideboard/tech land using Will of the Council designed to be brought in against artifact heavy strategies.

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/jetsam-slum
  • 1-1-1-6: White aggro/tempo creature with join forces:

• edited May 2017
    I'll be posting the results of this week as well as the new dice rolls within the next two hours. We wish everyone good luck.

We'll accept entries for another hour as of this comment being posted. In case there are late entries.
  • 4, 4, 3, 3

Will of the Council, Red, Instant/Sorcery, Late Game/Control

• 4, 1, 2, 1

Will of the Council, White, Artifact/Enchantment, Tempo/Aggro

• edited May 2017
    Alright, no more entries as judging is commencing.
  • Weekly Results:
    Congratulations participants of the sixth week. It's time to look at the top cards from last week and give out some prizes.
    √⊘Φ

Top Cards of the Week:
    1st - Grave Curator by @Faiths_Guide
    2nd - Luminescent Archangel by @0wlb0y
    3rd - Searing Verdict by @Faiths_Guide
    4th - Market Dawn by @Faiths_Guide
    5th - Request Lenience by @Faiths_Guide

Prizes (Favorites are of your choice!)
    Faiths_Guide - 8 favorites. ?
    0wlb0y - 2 favorites. ?

It seems I'm gonna have to re-structure the prizes for next week once again. Next week's will be planned much better.

Also, please don't use non-keyword abilities as keywords everyone. It means that I have to detract from the card's score, even if its implementation is excellent.

Leave a message to @modnation675 or on this post to collect your prizes. (Just confirming the accounts and what favorites you'd like.)
  • The keywords this week are as follows. (Update for 4th of May, 2017)
    (Embalm is the only keyword this week, please look at the following links for extensive details.)

Keep in mind some abilities can be formatted in many more ways depending on your effect. As such, make sure to look at existing cards if you're unsure
    -----

Rolled 1 or 2: Embalm
    Embalm (cost) ((Cost), Exile this card from your graveyard: Create a token that's a copy of it, except it's a white Zombie [Card's other creature types] with no mana cost. Embalm only as a sorcery.)
    Rolled 3 or 4: Morbid
    Morbid — [Specific Effect] if a creature died this turn.
    or
    Morbid — [Trigger for the ability], if a creature died this turn, [Specific Effect].
    Rolled 5: Hellbent
    Hellbent — [Specific Effect] if you have no cards in hand.
    or
    Hellbent — [Specific Effect] as long as you have no cards in hand.
    or
    Hellbent — [Trigger for the ability], if you have no cards in hand, [Specific Effect].
    Rolled 6: Revolt
    Revolt — If a permanent you controlled left the battlefield this turn, [Specific Effect].
    or
    Revolt — [Specific Effect] if a permanent you controlled left the battlefield this turn.
    or
    Revolt — [Trigger for the ability], if a permanent you controlled left the battlefield this turn, [Specific Effect].
    -----
  • edited May 2017
    red enchantment late game hellbent
  • @Class
    ah, how can your life be reduced from 0 to 1?
    You might want to say:
    "If your life would be reduced to 0, if you have no cards in your hand, reduce it to 1 instead."
  • edited May 2017
    @modnation675, embalm is a mechanic that only appears on creatures, so if I rolled 3, 3, 3, 1 (which would have me make an instant or sorcery with Embalm), do I re-roll the dice, or just switch instant/sorcery to a creature?
  • 8? Cool! Thanks for setting this stuff up and judging promptly @modnation675!

How about 8 from in here?
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/user/Faiths_Guide/sets/16057
  • @MagicChess
    The card doesn't have to literally use the mechanic. It can just heavily synergize with or support it.
  • Prizes Announcement:
    Since I've noticed a fairly consistent amount of participants, I have a new idea for how to form leaderboards and distribute prizes.
    (Mentioned below!)

Each participant will have their top card placed on a leaderboard list. The cards will then be listed in order of which cards are at the top. The top three cards' cardsmiths will get 2 favorites each. I may scale things larger if I find we have more participants than usual.

What are your opinions on this? Do you think it feels fair or could we improve this more?
  • Favorite whatever you would like!

1-3-3-3: White control/late game sorcery with morbid. I keep on rolling white for some reason. I would re-roll, but eh.

• edited May 2017
    4 4 4 4
    Red Legendary Tribal with Hellbent

Veey strange roll of the die, that.

This discussion has been closed.