Nocturnia - Favorite Faction Challenge

Alright, here's my first official challenge! I know, I've already done that, right? Well, sorta. The Kren one didn't have any winners, so that makes it sorta not count, and everything else that I've made that has come close to being a challenge wasn't even labeled Challenge. So, here's the gist of it:

Concept
For this challenge, I want you to make a card for your favorite faction so far. It doesn't necessarily have to incorporate either of the keywords of the faction, but it should either imply/state which faction it is from on the card or in the comments, and it should work with the playstyle* of the faction. If you want, you can make multiple entries, or even make cards for your top 2 or 3 factions. Heck, if you like them all equally, make a card for each faction! Bonus points will go to people who make cards that transform, do stuff with the Night/Day mechanic, or both, since I haven't used either of those much yet. This challenge shall go on until the end of the month, so you'll have plenty of time! I will announce a winner (or possibly the top 2 or 3 winners, depending on how many people enter) for each faction.

Rules
-As mentioned, it must recognizably belong to one of the five factions, and of course fit in the world of Nocturnia
-You may only use abilities that would be in a core set or that are from the NOC Block
-No legendaries or planeswalkers; in order to flesh out the set better, as well as the fact that legendaries shall be important to the story, which of course only I know
-While it would still be good to see some creatures, I'd like to encourage people to make other things; insants, sorceries, enchantments, artifacts, etc.
-Be creative, of course
-Also as mentioned, props go to people who use the transform or Night/Day mechanics
-Props also go to cards that add to the lore of Nocturnia or reference already existing lore (in the flavor text or in the comments), since it will be a very lore-heavy block.

Just so you know, I might change some things about the cards that win when I transfer them to the block, such as name or flavor text, or something more to do with the mechanics of the card. The mechanics-related changes I will discuss with the original creator before making them.

Credit will be given to the winners when I remake them with the block account.

*Since I have not directly stated the playstyles of the factions, I will list them here:
-The Kingdom of Iylvail (UWG): Control/Midrange, -1/-1 counters (not as much as the Dyminion or the Ulbyss), Lifegain
-The Eldara Rebels (RWG): Ramp/Aggro, Debuff Hate, Lifegain
-The Northmen (BRG): Aggro/Combo, Burn/Debuff Hate
-The Ulbyss Cult (RUB): Burn/Control/Combo, -1/-1 counters, Sacrifice
-The Dyminion Empire (UBW): Control, -1/-1 counters, Lifegain

For those of you who are new to Nocturnia, here's the link: http://mtgcardsmith.com/user/NocturniaBlock#.VPvHF44mixc

Anyway, I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with! Happy creating!

Comments

This discussion has been closed.