Hour of...

2»

Comments

• Got the art, now making cards.
  • Here you go, have cards:

I tried to emulate effects of the guilds I chose.
  • Contest is now, at last, closed for judging.
  • Here comes judging!

@Odogom the problem here is that the cards are really really weak. The only one I see being playable is the blue one, because at least you can draw a few cards. The black one is worse than Zombify always, the red one is three times worse than Burn at the Stake, the green one is almost always worse than chord of calling and the white one makes me cry. In order to get the buff form casting two of the in one turn you need 10 mana!

@gterww123 I like the idea, but it would be easier to say "copy it for each Hour in your graveyard." but that opens up to be potentially broken with self-mill. Not much too say here, solid, balanced design, but if you're meant to play with a whole heap of Hours than they shouldn't all be mythic

@Connor2001 yours seem a bit broken. In particular the blue one is insane- especially in commander. Also, they don't seem to share a particular theme. I do like the flavour text.

@ThyMaster unique and balanced, but some seem a bit off colour. Red never life gains, and the green one is more of a blue effect. The black one also needs some re-balancing I think, compared to Consume the Meek.

@Jygaimasu These are balanced and useful, and fit in with the them of their guilds. But, why are they from Ravnica? The Accounting of Hours, Bolas, Hour of Devastation are distinctly Amonkhet.

In the end @gterww123 wins first, @ThyMaster wins second and Connor2001 wins third. @Odogom and @Jygaimasu gets honourable mentions.
  • edited June 2017
    @Brainifyer
    I guess in my rush I forgot to do amonkhet. You are talking to someone who has not bought cards since Dragon's Maze.

I enjoy my feeling of satisfaction.
  • Great job all the winners and honorable mentions!!
  • Would the winners: @gterww13 , @ThyMaster and @Connor2001 please tell me which cards you(they?) would like favourited!
  • edited June 2017
    @Brainifyer Don't worry about the favorites for me. Thanks though.
  • @Brainifyer Yeah, i don't this for the favorites. Don't worry about it.
  • @Brainifyer I didn't realize I won this, thanks for the cool contest. Yeah, don't worry about the favorites, although if you favorited my Hours that would be nice.
This discussion has been closed.