Sinivir Block (Block creation game)

Comments

• edited May 2017
    @Megalomalice Alright then.

Also, anyone can add something or someone that has link to my character above cuz I don't want to enclose myself and that would be better for everyone too. Also changed my card a bit.
  • We (myself included) need to make fewer rares for this block, I think. Right now, there are way more rares than commons/uncommons. That ain't right, yo
  • edited May 2017
    I think for this block, we need to make it like the others; so I think the main expansion (where nothing major happens) should have cards that just relate to certain peoples and then the second, smaller expansion should have an event.

Ideas for main expansion:
    - Black and green snakes, trolls and cats for talwarie forest
    - Blue and black artificers, rouges and (colourless) constructs for the nung and the oncetime visionaries
    - White and red warriors, advisors and wurms for the desert and the tapoban
    - White and green beasts, wizards and warriors for the Kalima kingdom and wildlife
    - Blue and red merfolk, elementals and pirates for the Iruni and deadlands

Remember, this is just my opinion and things can be slightly altered; I'm just trying to make a template for how we should do things a little bit, as at the moment we're all over the place with random lore snippets.

I know some of the subtypes don't match the colour but don't complain, do what we do best and work around the problem, not make more! :D
  • edited May 2017
    @Blazin_Biscuit I think the deadlands should be more r/b and all of the trolls that have been made have been g/u. So I think we should do b/g for the snakes and cats and u/g for trolls and other wildlife in the two forests.
  • @Megalomalice It's fine mate. And you have a typo.
  • edited May 2017
    Here's another card!

This is what happens when you listen to Explode by Written By Wolves...
  • @Rednaxela yeah sure man, I was just trying to put something out there so we could make a block and not just a random set of cards
  • I'm with @Blazin_Biscuit: We should focus on a few (3 or 4) "big" plots/factions/countries, and stuff them nicely with cards & the stories behind them, before finishing off the smaller-scale stories/etc.
    I'll stick with Tapoban and Nung, (if @obsidianhoax is okay with that of course ) between which I'd like to create interactions.

Here is the story behind Valik, head of the Tapoban Council at the time this storyline starts

Valik's arrival at Bagbar was a queer one: one morning he was just there, at the city docks, descending from a sailless and crewless ship, wich vanished the following night. Garbed in golden plate and hidden behind a gilded mask, he (it ?) found his way up the ranks of the political ladder by intrigues and carefully thought-out plots. His rivals were few, and his followers many.
    He was sitting in a Magistrate seat when the late Sultan, Iphram III, summoned him, having learned about Valik's uncanny ability to carry out orders that would systematically be obeyed.
    And so he raised himself amongst the Sultan's councillors, and when Iphram III passed away, his fellow councillors put him at their head, so they could withstand the crisis.

The gears of an alien mind tick with precision behind the Mask of Secrets. An unknown agenda is carefully, patiently, folding out. The pawns are slowly being pushed forward.

The personnage, and his first minion, freshly imported.
    image image

If you wish to continue on this thread, feel free.
    If you feel the story isn't going the right way, please let me know, especially Finmide. It's his world after all.
  • Good call @ASubtleGhost, we'll get this block back on track. If your going to start that side of the story, I'll do this one:

Lakir sets off with his newly formed, and even more powerful army, to take back his throne. Valik's tactics put each side at an equal advantage. However, one factor that Valik or Lakir could never account for - the Gods. After ignoring Y'vela's warning, he/she/it calls upon Shenagh, the wise god of rivers, and together they form a wall of not only physical power, but mental too. A giant sand wall in the shape of Lakir's sister Ishaan, whom he murdered.

Overcome with immense sadness for his dead sibling and raging anger of not being able to shed the blood of his enemies in moral combat, his planeswalker spark ignites.

Just as Y'vela said, Lakir would not become the Sultan. However, with this new power, he couldn't afford to be moved to another plane of existence. Knowing this, the Gods combine their power to keep Lakir from fazing out of the reach of their strength. Lakir ends up shifting somewhere into the Talwarie forest, and with the Gods tired from this great feat, Rytheryc steps (or slithers) in. Lakir is bitten by Rytheryc, but instead of instantly killing him, the venom soaks into his walker blood and he becomes riddled with evil...

• @Blazin_Biscuit That escalated quickly. I wasn't expecting to see Lakir transform into a Demon until at least tomorrow :D
  • @ASubleGhost well I don't know which country you live in but for my (in England) it just went tomorrow about and hour ago
  • edited May 2017
    Another Ulthrall card! I plan on making some cards to relate him to Lakir's story if that's okay.

Other related cards:

imageimage
  • @ASubtleGhost Is it just me or am I getting a sort of phyrexian feeling from Valik? Nothing wrong with that though.
  • @Megalomalice yeah i know, but since there isn't split colour planeswalkers yet and i really don't like the look of the golden border, i just thought the black looked better
  • edited May 2017
    @Megalomalice There's already exist a planeswalker named Ral, you know. *ehem* Some Izzet guy named Zarek *ehem*.
  • @sanjaya Must've forgot.
  • @Megalomalice Eh, why not ? I have not thought out everything about him, but I established a link between him an the Nung faction, which include blue and black and focus around constructs. Phyrexian could have laid a nasty oily finger on that plane at some point.
  • Here are some cards to fill in some flavor points, just because. A few more commons and uncommons to add to the set and some color identities for faction affiliates. I think... I dunno...

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
  • edited May 2017
    The Coast Kingdom is a Constitutional Monarchy, so it needs a king. The king resides in the capital of Shegarra and has one son who is priority number one for protection.

The king still needs to be made.

imageimage

I like @Shadikal's idea of using exalted. But I think multiple modes to choose from on cards should be another theme for Shegarra.

I will be making more Shegarra cards later.
  • @Rednaxela Honestly, I have no idea what is going on. I'm just trying to give a theme to particular parts of the plane. Shegarra is a city next to the water, so I thought W/U. The southwest dwarven mountains to the deserts seem R/W and the north to western mountains that border Kalima and Tasiya could be G/R/W.

As to mechanics, I'm still guessing at this point. Multiple modes does sound like a good idea. I guess I was close with the tap or gain life choice on Glorious Exalt.
  • @Shadikal I meant we should use both exalted and multiple modes as the two mechanics for Shegarra.
  • edited May 2017
    The Coast Kingdom is a Constitutional Monarchy, so it needs a king. The king resides in the capital of Shegarra and has one son who is priority number one for protection. So here is a protector.

• edited May 2017
    This really has become the new "Post your cards here, see what others think" thread!

As such, it seems there's no possibility that this is all going to tie together.
This discussion has been closed.