Sinivir Block (Block creation game)

124»

Comments

• It's like asking 30 different minds to co-author a book without a plot. Of course it doesn't work
  • edited May 2017
    @Modnation675, sadly, it was a somewhat predictable outcome. Building an entire block needs to be much more systematic and targeted.
    People have built and even played with sets made on here. The best ones, I think, have had a limited number of designers and strict organization guiding the whole process.
    This free-for-all is neat, but doesn't lend it self to a set with specific numbers of cards at each rarity and in each color, nor does is look like it will result in a coherent story.
  • edited May 2017
    Well, I tried... *sniffles*
    Better luck next time.
    Aaand... a bit more rules, hopefully. Adding stuff not related to anything should be illegal !
  • edited May 2017
    @ASubtleGhost, I think the way to do it in the future would be for the set 'director' to provide a map, and name for the plane, then request a specific card or group of cards-- maybe with an example or two. Each request could provide a little guidance/direction.
    They could be given one at a time. A separate challenge for each card or group of cards, the community does the work and possibly even votes on which cards are worthy of inclusion in the set (or the director could unilaterally decide).
    This way, the director sort of outsources much of the work of building the set in exchange for giving up a little creative control. I can't speak for anyone else, but I'd be happy to work on someone else's set.
  • @Modnation675
    Never give up hope! There's a chance we'll figure this one out.
  • @MrRansom
    Basically Worldbuilder by KJMartin but with way more direction. Seems like something I'd really enjoy too tbh. Still, trying to find a way to close out these of plots and subplots has become a little more out of reach.
  • edited May 2017
    Well there has been alot of post since i have last been on. It will take me a bit longer to update lore now since i gotten a new full time job. I have less free time now.
  • @Finmide
    No problem. Congrats on the job by the way! :)
  • @modnation675 thnx it really leaves me exhausted though.
  • @Finmide
    As long as it's an enjoyable job then it's worth it. What kind of job did you seek out?
  • edited May 2017
    @modnation675 I work for a medical device company in machine maintainance. I have to keep track of the paperwork for all the machine, their parts, instructions to calibrate them, the records of previous calibrations for the past 5 years, instructions for routine repairs, records of all repairs made to the machines in the past 5 years. All that plus the records for all the equipment and tools needed to do all that, and plus make copies of records that were transferred from a nearby facility because they closed down so all their machines are moving to our location and I need to make sure that the records are all there and accurate and intact. Then rearrange them if necessary to fit to our locations filing method so u don't have files sorted 1 way and others sorted a different way. And then making sure to find room for all of them cause we have litterallyy thousands of files to organize from the other facility and literally only an inch of space left in the filing cabinets already from the more then 9000 files we already had so we needed to take away someone elses filing cabinets. Luckily they were empty anyways.
  • edited May 2017
    @Finmide
    Sounds awful if you put it that way. Luckily some of that is a single time thing, so the documentation and filing should be more reasonable in the future.

Regardless, paperwork is always the most difficult part as I've seen. Hope you handle it well!
  • edited May 2017
    @modnation675 at least they gone over the procedure on what to do in the situation of a supernova occuring xD. The company got in trouble for not keeping documentation so now they are going overboard on documentation and writing up procedures that seem obsolete like that for "what to do in case of a supernova". Tbh i think if the sun went supernova it wouldnt matter at that point.
  • @Finmide
    Lol. Yeah, it's usually over or under in that regard.
  • It seems quite a few people want to start their own plots rather then add to the plots thats already there which makes things difficult i would say.
  • @Everyone Im starting to think for right now we should hold back on making any new notable characters. We should focus for on creatures, artifacts, lands, enchantments, sorceries, and instants that can help tie the story together more. So we get out a well lined out plot line for each major event. Maybe if notable characters that dont have a well hammered out plot can appear in other plots. But for now ask before making a new character.
  • edited May 2017
    I made this sorcery for a different challenge, but it might fit here in the Sapkur Volcano regional flavor. I admit, I would like a better name for the card, as well as for the tokens it generates, but I like the overall direction of the design. Feels very red.

• edited June 2017
    Rytheryc, the Giant Boa had awoken many centuries before the Gods had planned, emerging from the River Timersal as the strings of fate were torn apart. The upset in balance caused by the blood-feud between Ravelia and Lakir, as it escalated far beyond anyone could have imagined.

As a result of the blood-feud between siblings attempting to claim the throne, The Gods had taken it upon themselves to ensure that Destiny is followed. Y'vela, attempting to communicate with Lakir is quickly thwarted in his attempts to dissuade him from claiming power, his words falling heedlessly on deaf ears. As such, he is forced to intervene before the two forces of Lakir and Ravelia engage. This however, does not hinder Lakir and instead provokes him to much greater heights. His spark ignites and the Gods, whom had sensed much power from within him tried to stop him. Mustering their power together, Y'vela creates a soul barrier formed by the sands that divided the two armies and shifts him instead to the Talwarie forest.

Such a resurgence of energy however had great effects on the Plane of Sinivir as it resonated throughout, causing stirs withing the sensitive Talwarie Forest, the Isle of Nung, the Dwarven Mountains, Sapkur, the Deadlands and finally the Tarnak Islands and its surrounding ocean.

---

Amarina, whom had taken on the task of hunting the seas for a hidden treasures was one of the many that felt the energy of the Gods, shaking the merfolk, sending wave after wave of feelings in unquantifiable magnitudes through her body as her mind sent echoes outwards, everywhere for her every thought to be heard. One thought however, a poem in form had taken prominence over all others.

"Little fish, little fish,
    with scales so bright,
    whose beauty and lustre,
    like stars plucked from night,

little fish, little fish,
    with fins long and proud,
    whose eminence and wonder,
    like heavens made from cloud,

Little fish, little fish,
    with eyes, with mouth,
    whose sight, whose words,
    like that of soaring birds,

In an ocean so blue,
    Whose world, whose life
    Put together by stife.

Who put you together?
    A thing so small, a thing so true,
    Only half, what a pathetic view."

This poem was one that was often sung by Merfolk when speaking of their origins. How the God Oceanus took apart the skies and above to create a race to inhabit his domain, whom had sought Y'vela for knowledge, whom had sought Ulthrall for ancestory and finally sought out The Ancients of Timersal to give them life. image

Amarina had taken the poem to heart, having learned that the sacred place of Timersal, a place in which Merfolk were not to breach, an unknown to many were comparable to that of her father.

The last verse of the poem finished with "Only half, what a pathetic view." Because in spite of Oceanus taking everything he thought to be the perfect parts to create a race, the Timersal Ancients simply gave life and with it; death. In a way, the poem was not only a form of conveying a creation story but almost also a chant of self deprecating mockery. Oceanus planned to create a species of immortals to hold his domain but the Ancients saw through his ploy and refused. There was no spite, though he was saddened to learn that they were mortal, he was not angry.

The words of the poem echoed out, further and further away, and whose ears had heard those words did not respond. Dazed, caught in a stunning mixture of bliss and anguish, Amarina struggled to regain her senses but as the lyrics rebounded back to her, singing endlessly till she brought herself back to full consciousness, a new thought arose. She would swim into the Timersal, and from there, she would take to the shores. Somehow at least...

---

As Lakir came to his senses, he felt a sense of emptiness within him. Again, a fate beyond fate that came within arms reach was denied by the Gods who had forsaken him. Fuelled by rage, though too exhausted, he mustered what energy he had left and began to walk aimlessly.

He stumbled upon after what felt like years of endless wandering a small waterbed covered in lilacs, surrounded by darkened, sinister trees that twisted and entangled, that loped overhead and sheltered those beneath. Little rays of sun breached the canopy, shifting and changing as the trees above swayed carefully. Lakir collapsed in front of the waters only to hear the waters beginning to shift, rippling lowly and then breaking on itself, as though it were cascading, a distinct slapping sound came about almost as it the water were falling hard onto skin. He barely moved but saw an ivory figure reach out toward him, a feminine touch wrap itself around his body and then drag him into the waters. There was no resistance. Only the cool embrace of the heavy waters and then, nothing...

---

Meanwhile, on Sapkur and the Deadlands, the instability of the Volcano and the surrounding wastes were thrown into chaos as the Gods summoned their magic, which birthed a new species into the throes of uncertainty. The Magma Fish. Not only this, but the sudden resurgence had amplified the magic used already by the powerful inhabitants of the darkened area.
    imageimageimage

---

The assassins of Menoit came under a sudden sense of dread as their hidden city's defensive barriers started to falter. All within could feel it too. Tris Menoit, the current Head of the city took the fear of her students into her own hands and mentally noted to use it as an example for future lessons. Though that would have to wait as she disbanded her current assembly to take to the Keep and ask of the situation, having to abandon her current mission involving the political strife caused by a non-noone whose carelessness had perhaps caused the fall of a well established empire.

imageimage
  • edited June 2017
    ---

Lakir awakens to find himself in front of a beast cloaked in sleek black, whose visage seethed with a cold, heartlessness, whose eyes opened entire worlds before him. There it lay, stoic almost, whose tongue slowly emerged, reaching outward and flickering within the empty space before retracting without so much as a warning and within a split second which illicited only a moments alarm, the man could do little to react as the beast lunged forward, maw opening above the prince as a sheening light refracting from the rays that reflected from the waters pierced into him, a frozen, draining feeling as his chest is punctured by fangs so massive that they gored into the mortals body. Alarm, anguish, then death...

---

Rytheryc, whose great mouth lay open above the man continued to hang it's head over the mortal only for a few more moments before retracting itself away with what appeared as fangs to one were in fact blades that pierced the prince's body. The nymphs that had brought the dying Planeswalker to the great snake merely glimpsed what they thought to be the head of a human and the arms to match as it quickly retracted into the snakes mouth, blades leaving the body of the lifeless prince as Rytheric continued to withdraw within the shadows of the Talwarie. The hushed snapping of foliage and trees, the cool slithering of the restrictor as it vanished away into the depths of the forest. They then witnessed the flesh of the dead peel away, black upon black mass beginning to bulbous, pulsate and spew from the writhing corpse as it began to spasm uncontrollably. Wide eyed but not stunned, the nymphs of three fell back into the waters with haste.

---

--- Heres some other stuff...

imageimageimage
  • edited June 2017
    That's all I can come up with relating to the main plot. I'll spend a week or two coming up with the rest of the subplots if I can...
  • @Shadikal12345 Hey, those are pretty great. Keep up the great work, m8.
  • @Shadikal12345 this is neat stuff. Makes me want to write some more !
  • edited July 2017
    To be honest, the story of Sinivir should probably just end there and people should just create cards to make this a full fledged set. Or not. It took me too long sitting in front of my laptop to realize I couldn't come up with anything. Sorry everyone!

If anyone wants to continue with the building of Sinivir, I suggest taking up the following plot points:

Major:
    -Lakir's ascension and the Blood-Feud
    -Amarina's take to the shores to find answers about her father
    -The rising tensions between the Nung artificers and naturalists
    -Rytheric's motives behind Tasiya and Lakir
    -Destruction of Yis/Vis... Idk

Minor:
    -Timersal and the Ancients
    -City of Menoit and its stability
This discussion has been closed.