What Happened to Worldbuilders?

And where did @KJMartin go, for that matter?? I miss the Worldbuilders; there were three: Khare, the Great Cityport; Namarune, Age of Monoliths, and.... I forget the name of the most recent one XD
They were a series of super fun contests where KJMartin would begin with a map, a card, and the beginnings of a story, then somebody would make a card that related to the previous person's card and write some more of the story.
Anyone have any idea where KJMartin went? And if we will ever see another Worldbuilder??

Comments

• We couldn't garner enough participants for those challenges, so they faded out over time.
  • @MagicChess I know your doin' Duels but you wanna try make one and see how it goes. I bet we can prove @modnation675 wrong ;D

I can PM you the rest if you're interested
  • I'd like to see that to be honest.
  • Sure, what you got so far?
  • edited June 2017
    Absolutely NOTHING. I found this and didn't really expect to get into this but what I do have is a whole night and all of Sunday. Let's make something happen!
  • edited June 2017
    Well, I'll let you look for a map. For the mean time, I really need to find artwork that is reminiscent of a generator to use with a land I'm making. As well as artwork for a legendary land.
  • Cool, I'll post the map here and see what you think of it.
  • edited June 2017
    Click on the image for an enlarged map
  • Cool, you found a good one.
  • Goddam it was harder than expected
  • Yeah, I looked for one awhile ago and didn't find anything that was labelled with a geographic look, as there were no details.
  • I'm thinking it's maybe a bit too big, so I may crop it down. Where do you think will be the best part to keep.

Also, do you want to start a private convo' for this.
  • Top right of map onward toward the bottom, whatever fits space-wise.

What do you mean by a private chat, that kinda defeats the purpose of doing it?
  • sure, for both of them
  • @modnation675, @Blazin_Biscuit, whoa, Nellie! Slow down there; ideally we would need @KJMartin's consent. I'll PM them.
    I love the map, BB!
  • I just asked him, and added you both to the chat. Hopefully we get his/her consent; if he/she doesn't reply, we can start it anyway and say that he/she can take over the judging if he/she returns.
    (Whew! I hate using pronouns on the forums; I never know anybody's gender XD)
  • Yes, I agree. Also Blazin_Biscuit would need to be more active than KJMartin was at that time.

I especially remember I'd been one of the few posting more than once during the past. At least the last one got a bit of a revival on its own. I'd taken a break since I found the conversation dialogue form of writing awkward to read. Our main issue was not writing in paragraph format.
  • You don't have to worry about me not being active. If anything, i'm too active - hyperactive! :D
  • @Blazin_Biscuit, did you make that map? If so, how did you make it? I am trying to find a way to make maps for my Dungeons and Dragons group, and it would be super helpful!
  • Nah, @Gelectrode I just found it after 5 minutes of scrolling on google images. I did try a world maker but it was a bit rubbish
  • edited June 2017
    I'm actually really wanting to use this map now.

It is from my favorite book series: the rift-war saga. Those of you who have read the books, you'll know that Novindus isn't actually the main land mass in Midkimea, but it's small enough for a world builder I believe.
  • Good evening. I read this thread, but I fear I do not know what Worlbuilding is, and I am curious. Could anyone here enlighten me ?
  • @KJMartin is doing a series of contests where you make a card linked of the last one but there all based around a map and a bit of lore.
  • But he's been gone for ages and we want more, care to join us?
  • I'm game to join in on the worldbuilding thing.
  • @Blazin_Biscuit It would be my pleasure (If the invitation is adressed to me, that is)
  • It's addressing anyone
  • @Blazin_Biscuit, while I like the map, I'm not sure I want to do a Worldbuilder with the same map as a popular series that many of us have read.
This discussion has been closed.