ALL THE ARTWORK YOU'LL EVER NEED...... version 2.0

edited June 2017 in Off-topic Chat
This is a continuation of a great thread on the forums, ALL THE ARTWORK YOU'LL EVER NEED. http://forums.mtgcardsmith.com/discussion/2509/all-the-artwork-you-ll-ever-need#latest.
It is a place where you can post artists you think are great for mtg art. However, it has sunk waaaaay down to the murky depths at the bottom of the forums. I hope to revitalize it with this thread, while also adding another factor. I think that it's very hard to find the art you're looking for on artstation or deviantart, or whatever source you use. In addition to being a space to post artists you find good, I encourage people to ask after specific art on this thread so that the community can help them out.

I, for one, am currently looking for shapeshifter art, preferably something that involves mirrors. Can anyone help?

Comments

• edited June 2017
    I'll look for some for you. Hopefully other users will do the same as we'd love to help even more.

As for our artist choices, well take a while to compose a list of them since they are listed throughout our personal DeviantArt account. But well get a list of them and write descriptions for each to be more helpful.
  • edited June 2017
    I surfed tons of DeviantArt artwork, but you wont find anything in the MTG art style that hasn't been used already.

That and the search terms to find them brings a lot of inappropriate content, just a warning.
  • No shapeshifters at all? Wow. I'll have to re-use existing mtg shapeshifter art; *sigh* That always looks so bad.
  • edited June 2017
    There are some, but they aren't tagged appropriately to be found unless by accident. (Some artists don't use the tag system much!)
  • edited June 2017
    ArtStation should have some, but I'm currently documenting some of our art sources for other cardsmiths.
  • edited June 2017
    Here is a list of recommended artwork sources along with details of what they have in terms of selection from their collection. (Hopefully this is helpful, as we'll update the list over time!)

Link: Artwork Resources w/ Details
This discussion has been closed.