Alacaw / MesoAmerican Call (Closed)

Comments

• just name change
  • Also just for reference, where does everyone live in terms of time zones?

We're in Manitoba, Canada so it's Central Standard Time. (4:15PM currently!)
  • @modnation675
    just a name change, I think.
  • @modnation675
    YOU PLAY FLIGHT RISING!?
  • edited June 2017
    @Karmadragon
    I'm not familiar with the game aside from using artwork from it for cards before. But I will be checking the game out for curiosity sake.

You'll likely remember this artwork then, truly gorgeous style and theme. :)

imageimage
  • edited June 2017
    I've been looking at the game and it's quite cool. But I've gotten used to later genres. It's too bad that I hadn't known about it a few years ago as that would've been awesome.

I've transitioned to the old Final Fantasy tactic game style as well as Warcraft and Diablo esque games.

Edit: But I'm really waiting for the new Dishonored game to come out. I've been replaying the Dishonored games in anticipation. :)
  • Oh by the way... Pirate Vraska meets Dinos!!!
    Yes, you heard me, announcement day is here (if you didn't know already).
    http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/25th-anniversary-announcement-day-2017-06-14
  • edited June 2017
    @Tigersol
    I think Rivals of Ixalan and Explorers of Ixalan are gonna be the time that I'm gonna buy back into MTG in terms of Commander and possibility Modern once again. Woohooo!!
  • @modnation675
    Yes. Finally! :D
    Also, WOTC said there are going to be game tiles in Explorers of Ixalan. How do you think to game will work?
  • I'm not sure, but I'm hoping future Archenemy cards will be scaled more towards the old ones but not as extreme.

Hopefully the game does well, I think it'll be really cool to play at the game store with local FNM players and friends.
  • Sorry I wasn't on, I'm in Tennessee which is also Central! Had computer problems to the point of resetting and was into a really bad 3 person draft (WHY DOES VIZIER OF MANY FACES HARD COUNTER ANGEL OF SANCTIONS WHO IS A DRAFT MYTHIC?).

We are just changing name, are we allowed to link strawpolls? Also, what did you guys think of the suspend idea and the mindslaving yourself ideas?
  • edited June 2017
    @brcien
    Yes, you may definitely post Strawpolls. :)

Suspend is cool. But I dislike mindslaver mechanics, they tend to drag the game on in a less interesting way. I feel they should be replaced by things similar to Bontu’s Last Reckoning, mainly to prevent stalling due to technicalities.

The provoke mechanic is more similar to what you're thinking though.
  • Confused by what you mean. Some examples

imageimage

If you think that the mechanic would be obnoxious, then yeah there's a problem. Also, should say target opponent shrug shrug and the defender thing was to prevent torper orb chicanery.
  • @brcien
    It's a good concept, but no. There are few players who would give up winning the game for what? A 4/4? A 3/4? The payoffs here aren't really good enough to justify you essentially not just giving up a turn, but giving that turn to your opponent. Just like what modnation675 said, the effect would be better as a Bontu's Last Reckoning effect, where it keeps all your lands tapped for a turn.
  • The idea is to combo up to make it to where it doesn't even matter that they take your turn, but Ok, I'll take that off the drawing board. Exerting lands doesn't feel right either though. May the land reveal might be the best thing since it is simple and can do whatever we want. I love your suggestion, but it was mechanically confusing to me and with how long it took me to figure it out, I have no idea how hrd it would be to explain to a newbie.
  • Hello.

Looks like a lot of stuff has happened in this thread, and I'm a bit confused. Has the initial project changed directions ?

Also, I'm in France, so syncing may not be perfect.
  • Yeah, various things have been mentioned. We're just commenting regarding some of those ideas.

Currently we've been considering some Drake(?) tribal elements among other things.
  • Things curently being considered--

1--Flavorful ability for Bant
    2--Whether or not Suspend fits MesoAmerican Grixis
    3--Skinks, Coatls, and Ampitheres art and ideas (might change cards after if we get a cool Bant ability)

I will change Thread name, but it will still have MesoAmerican in it.

• Bad news for the real set: ~60 rares and mythics were just leaked today. Get ready for some lawsuits.
  • Do we want Gods in this set? I lean toward 'no' since the giants alone could explain the deities we know about. If we do or have what it would want to do for each color combo, might help out a bit.
  • I'd be more for large mythical creatures that embody different primal aspects of Nature (Since this plane appears to have only one city, and mainly wilderness). Real forces of Nature, unique, powerful and reprensentative of the plane's essence, but not godlike. We had a bunch of gods already. The locals could refer to them as gods though.
  • @ASubtleGhost I could definitely get behind that. Should be designed before or after we get the colors going?
  • Colors first I think, things will flow naturally from that. However I don't have many ideas now.
  • I mean for Bant I think we are doing

Natural--At the begininng of your upkeep, you may reveal a land in your hand, if you do, effect

I think they said a suspend matters would be fine for Grixis. Esper has Oppress. If you want to toss in random cards, you can. If you want to throw out mechincal or story suggestions, would also be appreciated.
  • Excellent ! Stuff incoming.
  • I'm gonna be offline today because I'm going to the movies, as well as earlier we had a power outage. XD
  • "Natural" seems too on the nose... maybe "Thrive"?
  • edited June 2017

Also, do any of you guys think this would fit in Ixalan?

(And no, I did not make this card because I thought that Natural should be renamed to Thrive, other way actually...)
  • Made me think of
    http://www.bartleby.com/356/96.html
    Card wise, it's in flavor. It looked OP but I can find other recurring token enchantments.
This discussion has been closed.