Build a God, a Bear? (Closed)

Hello fellow cardsmiths, I'm starting a contest in which fellow cardsmiths will be designing their own interpretation of MTG gods. Below are some examples of the gods from past sets.

Cardsmiths will each be able to enter up to 3 cards for a chance to win prizes and glory.

References:
Hour of Devastation Gods: Click Here. (Ignore all the pharaoh cards!)
Amonkhet Gods: Click Here.
Theros Gods: Click Here.

imageimageimage

The contest due date will be the end of July 10th, 2017. Whereas the entries will be judged within 3 days, but likely sooner. Keep in mind we're lenient in regards to late entries, just leave us a message if possible. (Due date can be extended if enough people want it!)

Prizes: (Cardsmiths can't win more than one of the following prize groups!)
A) The top card's creator will get the following...
- 1 month of premium subscription.
- Follow from us.
- 2 favorites of your choice. (+1 Favorite if already followed!)
- Your choice of Honorable Mention.
B) The second top card's creator will get the following...
- Follow from us.
- 2 favorites of your choice. (+1 Favorite if already followed!)
C) The third top card's creator will get the following...
- Follow from us
or
- 2 favorites of your choice.
D) The Honorable Mention will get a favorite of their choice.

Rules: (Make sure to glance over these!)
1) You may make up to three cards.
2) Cards can be edited as long as the due date hasn't passed.
3) Cards can be switched out as long as the due date hasn't passed.
4) Cards can't be made before the 1st of June.
4) Cards must have the God sub-type.
5) Make sure to credit the creator of the artwork on your cards.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For help on posting images/links look at this guide!
Brief guide to uploading linked pictures/images in comments! (W/ Visual Aid)
Please post linked images if possible? (Not required.)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comments

• For clarification, the entries don't necessarily have to use one of the three God models presented, so they don't necessarily have to follow the same pattern as existing Gods in mtg?
  • @RohanDragoon
    They can be completely original if you like. The only requirement is that they have the God sub-type.
    Slumber is from Enigma Sphinx. I felt they should have used that rather than Indestructible for the Amonkhet gods because of the Egyptian belief of gods wading into the duat rather than dying and whatnot. There is talk of a Nordic plane in one of the threads and this cards home would be something like an apocalyptic version of that and would take the role of Fenrir.
  • Umm, I'm fine with gods, but ... bears ? God-bears ? Bear gods ? I didn't get the bear part.
  • edited June 2017
    Unfortunately there was no room for flavor text, but I'm past that now haha
  • edited June 2017

• @modnation675 oh, I see. How ignorant of me.
  • edited June 2017
    image image image
  • edited June 2017
    With my three entries, I'll try to design three different takes on gods :) Here's the first one:

These gods can only manifest once as a "creature". They are agressively costed, but mostly "french vanilla" creatures with a restriction on attacking and blocking that synergize with their theme.
    The "god"-twist on these cards is, if their mortal form is destroyed (dies), they go back to their unkwon god form (represented as exile) and buff the board like an enchantment (emblem) with their godlike presence watching from above/beneath/wherever :D
  • edited June 2017
    Ist Entry:
  • Here is my entry
  • 2nd Entry:
    imageimage
  • 3rd Entry:
  • 1st Entry:
  • edited June 2017
    @ASubtleGhost
    No, not at all. It's an American store and a charity that not everyone has heard of. I just referenced it as I felt it matched the idea that children idolize their stuffies.

We've got a Chinchilla and Sackboy stuffy behind our computer desk, they're adorable! :)
  • edited June 2017
    @modnatin675
    We have a build-a-bear facility here in Florida. We are tourist central, after all.
  • edited June 2017
    @Thatcardartist7
    Thy bad, I forgot there is a line of them across the states towards the East coast.
  • Would something like this count?
  • @Faiths_Guide
    Yep, that does count. It just has to either follow an existing format or express itself in a godly way. Whereas the only stern requirement is the god sub-type.
    Entry one.
  • edited July 2017
    Here are my three entries:
    imageimageimage

The Gods of Obusi draw their power from the elements. They once ruled over the plane in unparalleled splendour. However, the people of Obusi have progressed to a more technologically advanced society. The artificial creations began weakening the gods. Soon the people began doubting them. Rebellion factions developed. The white god died first, the plains had become cities, leaving him helpless. Over time the factions became the majority. Systematic deforestation lead to the death of the green god. Now the remaining gods are hunted. They still wield considerable power, but they know their time is coming to an end.

Edit: The flavour behind the sacrifice clause is that if they are met with opposition from enough people at once, they will fall.

Another Edit: Added the images
  • Entry 2:
    It is kind of a fusion between the Amonkhet gods, having indestructible but also not having text that determines whether it can attack or block
  • edited June 2017
    I may have disappeared from this site for a while, but now I'm back! And I wish to enter with a slightly unorthodox god. This one is one of the three gods of Zendikar, Emeria, a deity that was actually a forgotten Emrakul. The first side of the card is a chosen angel, twisted by Emrakul and devoted to releasing her goddess from the hedrons that kept her trapped. The other side is the horror that was unleashed.
    Here it is:
    image image
  • edited July 2017
    This card is still in the works in regards to balancing. But here she is, a god that synergizes well with the new Scarab god's abilities. Currently working on her talisman!

Note: The card only affects sorcery speed, not restrictions like during your turn.

Inspiration: It Has Begun by Starset

(An honorary entry and isn't counted for placing!)

imageimage
  • 1st entry.

• edited July 2017
    I do not have art on these cards but hare they are
    imageimageimage
    I do not care if i win.
This discussion has been closed.