Tribal Wars (entries closed)

Comments

• @Tigersol, would you be able to give us some more details on what you're looking for in these entries. For example, in @ManaChrome and I's challenge would you want our cards to synergize with a hypothetical commander deck or to just make a card that would support our respective archetype that uses the tempting offer mechanic?

• @Baron-777

I think it should just have something remotely to do with our tribes... Although you do make a good point, currently making a creature with Tempting Offer, and I'm not sure if the ability should synergize with my tribe, or if the subtype "Cat" is enough for the standards for the contest...
  • @Baron-777
    All cards in the contest should feature your tribe in some way. I could just be art or it can directly support your tribe. I'm really sorry for not being specific.
  • That's all good. I'm working on it and should have my entry up in a day or 2.

Here is the answer of my orc legion. Even though we lost one battle, we will still rise and win this war!

Good luck to you as well, @Death_Methods! May you be a worthy opponent.
  • edited September 2017
    Alright here is my fun EDH-centric mechanic that will benefit us Shapeshifters in every way (too powerful? Only for us). I should probably bump the rarity but seeing as how its true power is only experienced in a pure tribal deck, hopefully it'll be ok. I give you...the most powerful anthem in existence!

• I know that I'm not supposed to be here, but I'm just sending reinforcements for Balaena.

• edited September 2017

The Ulvenwald Howlmimic turns all your pathetic creatures into wolves that have the power to mimic the abilities of anything else in play!

Fixed the name typo.
  • edited September 2017

Here is my Tempting Offer card for the cat tribe! Representing greediness at it's best :D

You can check out the comments of the card where I talk to myself about what potential changes could be made to the card.

Also Lujikul, is Uvenwald a forest on the hypothetical plane that we're battling on? Or is it just a typo? XD

(Also, wouldn't it be awesome if Serafein was summoned by Kilva? Just a thought :D)
  • edited September 2017
    @ManaChrome
    I never knew about the first L in Ulvenwald until you pointed that out.

Fixed it.
  • Had a bit of creative block and got busy, but I'm here to breath life into our page and to submit my card against @ManaChrome and his puny floofies.

• "puny floofies"
  • Legitimate question: Why is 90% of the non-Moby Dick whale art on the internet flying whales?
  • @Lujikul no idea, I guess there's something majestic and calming about a gentle giant gliding through the air. Plus I guess my choice in art represents the other 10%, cause that ain't air Balaena's swimming through.
  • I wonder what happened to the other orc leaders.
  • @TenebrisNemo
    They clearly fear the might of the rest of us :P
  • Hey.... just a question, should I judge now or wait for others to respond???
  • I would suggest judging
  • Can you wait for my entry?
  • Wouldn't It be interesting to think of an actual plane setting for this set? Right now I'm just imagining of all the scenes in the plane... especially the ones with the whales XD
  • I don't think they're going to respond.
  • I propose we ping all current participants, and see who gives us a response of any sort.
  • I think at this point, it might be a good idea to begin judging. We've given everyone more then enough time to submit something or respond asking for more time.
  • Okay, here we go then!!!!!

@Gelectrode vs. @Brainifyer: Make a legendary creature supporting your tribe with an eminence ability such as those found in Commander 2017.
    @Gelectrode (by default)

@Death_Methods vs. TenebrisNemo: Make a card with the mechanic Join Forces from Commander 2011.
    Errrrrr... I have to say this was a tie. So the cats take no damage but the orcs still get a point.

@ManaChrome vs. @Baron-777: Make a card with the Tempting Offer mechanic from Commander 2013.
    @ManaChrome

@ASubtleGhost vs @syntheticreign and @sanjaya666: Make a card with a new mechanic created by yourself that would be fun in commander.
    @syntheticreign (by default)

@Everyoneelse
    Make a commander for your tribe that supports your tribe and another thing.
    @Lujikul

So now we have...
    Cats: 6
    Whales: 4
    Orcs: 3
    Shapeshifters: 6
  • @Tigersol - Are you not tagging me because the other orc leaders didn't participate in this round?
  • @TenebrisNemo
    Oh no!!!!! I did it again. I'm very sorry, it was an accident! : )
This discussion has been closed.