Random Mechanics #3 (At Last!)

I apologize for slacking recently, but here we are, the third installment in my ongoing challenge! Previous rules still apply, only evergreen keywords and the given keywords, only one entry per mechanic per person. Now here's the twist. As for our lovely winners last time, @Faiths_Guide, @koover, and @ASubtleGhost, here's the "kicker" this time (get it, because kicker is one of the mechanics? Haha ok I suck at puns, lets move on): Your entries MUST be enchantments! That's not all, they also can't directly use the effect of the mechanic they are entered for. They must instead provide a benefit whenever cards with that mechanic use said mechanic. Kind of like how in Amonkhet, with cycling you have cards that benefit from you cycling or discarding a card (but in this case it must be cycling only). If you three need clarification, just ask. Without further ado, here's your three mechanics this time:

Forecast

Kicker

Cycling

Good luck everyone and happy smithing! Oh, by the way, my birthday is the 18th, which is also when I'll be taking the time to judge with the help of a friend! Judging will be slightly different this time, so give it a good effort, as there is also a twist at the end of this challenge!

Comments

• edited July 2017
    Cycling:

Edited the card a bit :)
  • edited July 2017
  • Extending the entry period significantly. Not sure when I'm going to put an exact date, but there's just too few entries here at the moment.
  • I plan to enter.
  • edited July 2017
    I think you should re-design this challenge to use the same thread for multiple rounds in the future. It just doesn't make sense as it feels out of context and doesn't get the publicity it should get.

I was offline for a few days and noticed this finished already, which is astonishing. I was legitimately interested to see someone use Forecast after being so unused. (Although the challenge was extended afterwards!)
  • edited July 2017
    There may be memory issues with the first ability, but when you would play this card I suppose you would have prepared another permanent to follow quickly.
  • edited July 2017
    Forecast:

Kicker:

Cycling:

• edited July 2017
    Whoops, wrong card.

• edited July 2017
  • imageimageimage

I'm not sure if granting cycling counts as using cycling. If so I'll make a new card for that (don't worry, it will still be zombies)
  • Here is one enchantment for two abilities, though it doesn't explicitly say those mechanics. Foresight is only in blue and white cards and cycling is most common among blue and white cards, so that is where the color scheme comes from. Though it is very basic, I believe it has some nice flavor to it and can be a very solid enchantment all around. I am not sure about the cost though, i would be open to suggestions.

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/gift-of-foresight
  • edited July 2017
    Talk about Random! As if from out of nowhere... @Commander_Paratus!

XD
  • @Corwinnn yeah it has been quite a long time XD I have just had more time lately and I came back to what brings me joy: Expressing my creativity and see other's creativity in a game that i love!
  • Alright, contest closed for judging as of now. I will be reformatting this challenge, so when I post the winners here, keep in mind that all future Random Mechanics challenges will take place on the next post. I will put a link to the next post in the winners post.
  • Surprise, its not a winners post, its a winner (singular, incase you didn't catch it) post! That's right, the twist is only one person wins this time, and they get to pick all 3 of the next mechanics for our next challenge! That lucky son of a gun is @TenebrisNemo with their entry "Igilurh's Unnatural Focus". The rest of you did really well, and if I had to pick a second place, I'd probably say "Fountain of Recovery" by koover (not going to at mention so I don't mislead you). Alright, TenebrisNemo, what will our next 3 mechanics be?
  • Also I thought it was kind of funny but everyone entered enchantments even though only the winners from last time had to. I'll make it more clear in the future.
  • Awesome! Alright, let's see... I want these three mechanics to be next:

Heroic

Cascade

Miracle
  • @Corwinn, this one is wrapped up. Also, thank you @TenebrisNemo, I've been waiting for someone to finally pick heroic.
This discussion has been closed.