Okay, here is a crazy idea. What if we made a standard out of custom cards sets? I was inspired by the five current set builders. It would work like this.
- Cardsmiths send in sets that they have FULLY completed to be placed in MTGCS standard.
- I will select 4-5 sets to be in the format.
- Then you will make decks based on theses sets. These decks will compete in standard events throughout the year.
- Events work like this. You submit them. I play test them; then award top eight.
- The first event will be a non-point awarding tournament. I will write a description on how all the decks worked so a lot of changes can be made before the next event, the pro tour. This will have points and favorites for top eight, top four, runner up, and first place. Players will be placed into a ranking based on points. After the PT two GPs will be held, these will give fewer rewards.
- When a new set enters this process is started over again.
- I will still have to come up with rotation.