"Buy something will ya?" - make a shop/market/trading post card contest

One of my favorite cards to play with just for fun years ago closer to when I started playing was called Trading Post: http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Discussion.aspx?multiverseid=420895

For this contest, I'd love to see other cards that capture the feel of a place for buying/selling/trading/bargaining something - anything. Trinkets, spells, exotic pets, equipment, sweets, whatever.

Rules:
1. The card must be either a land, artifact, or enchantment. Preferably land.
2. Up to 2 entries per participant.
3. Please submit new cards only. :) entries submitted for other contests are fine.
4. You may edit and resubmit cards as many times as you like, just be sure I notice the latest version by tagging or messaging me.

tips:
1. No creatures this time - this contest is more about evoking the feel of a place, instead of an individual character. So bakeries, stalls, back alley black markets, etc: in. A rogue dealing in back alley black market goods: out.
2. The shop you make can be open for anyone's business. The owner of the card alone, or any other player, or creatures on the battlefield...whatever.
3. Alternate win conditions, resources to manage, etc...cool I love it. Or keep it simple. I appreciate either style.
4. I'm no professional judge by a long shot...but I still appreciate apparent balance, nice flavor, and especially clean formatting and spelling. I'll ignore little grammar mistakes. If they're real little, cute ones. Also, spacing. Try not to leave too much white space or text that isn't centered on the card.

Reward tier:
1st place: A month of premium access, or 12 favorites of my choice from cards in your account. Please message me with the account you'd like premium access for after winning.
2nd place: 6 favorites of my choice from cards in your account.
3rd place: 3 favorites of my choice from cards in your account.
Honorable mention: 1 favorite of my choice from cards in your account

(I'll probably follow anyone I'm already not following who submits cards to this contest. It's what I do)

Contest ends Saturday, August 26th, JST, midnight. Judging and results posted the day after, on Sunday, August 27th, JST. I live in Japan so keep that in mind regarding time zones/deadlines.

Enjoy :))

Comments

This discussion has been closed.