Solidarity

edited August 2017 in Just for Fun Contests
It's nice to be back after another, like, year. Oops.
To get back into the community I'm having this mini-semi-competition to get to know all of the new people and see if any of the old legends are still here.

This isn't strictly a competition; there will not be rankings or anything. I'm just doing this to ease back into the community and dish out a couple of favourites.
I'm asking you all to produce Solidarity cards for me.

Solidarity is a custom keyword which has no active use, but it gives all of the cards a sense of identity and cards with solidarity often work off other cards with solidarity. The solidarity set is red/white exclusive.

Here are example cards:

image image image image image

Please can we, like, not let this massively flop?
I'm after a couple of links to some cards with solidarity and I'll give out some comments and some favourites and maybe add a couple to my set if you allow me.

Comments

• Welcome back to Cardsmith! I'll make my entry by 1900 GMT.

Just for clarification, can we make planeswalkers that play with the solidarity mechanic? P/T boosts, granting solidarity, etc.
  • @NokiSkaur make whatever! I'm just happy to have submissions!
  • Sounds good. Thank you.
  • Are you okay with a Rakdos Legend/Mardu Walker flip-card? I know you said it was only on Boros colours, but I love making black cards.
  • I remember you! Glad you are back and still alive.

Just a clarification: Solidarity doesn't have any abilities on its own? If so, I would suggest changing it to a subtype. I will make a card soon for it!
  • edited August 2017
    Here's my first entry. If you decide to change solidarity into a subtype, I'll change it.

Sorry, I had to edit this comment, since I had to remake this card twice due to wrong wording...
  • I second Gelectrode while saying you should make Solidarity a subtype. Devoid was criticized for not having a mechanical relevance by itself, making a keyword just creates certain expectations for the players. I know if I had a card with just "Solidarity" on it, I would assume there is a missing reminder text hidden somewhere ;)
  • And another entry:

• It's disappointing to see a keyword used without implementation.
  • edited August 2017
    I'd also try to change it into a creatury type, but for now, it's a keyword, resebling the ally creature type mechanically. Since I like the idea, I try to contribute to crimsons plan by posting cards here. They are really fun to create though.
This discussion has been closed.