Welcome one and all to my first weekly challenge. The way this contest works is that starting this Friday (10/20/17) you’ll be given a week to create a card to overcome a particular monster or challenge. The most creative, effective, fifand/or, best designed card will win and receive a prize. Then you’ll be given a new encounter and the contest continues. It’s honestly that simple.
1. Only two cards, per card smith, per week.
2. No official cards or cards created prior to the week of the challenge.
3. No custom abilities; but feel free to use any of the more obscure abilities (banding, haunt, explore: go crazy)
4. There is no limitation on card type, color, or spell costs (phyrexian mana or hybrid mana is fine)
5. You may edit your card up until midnight EST on the Friday when a challenge ends.
1. You don’t have to kill the creature or directly face the obstacle. Feel free to try alternative ways of overcoming the hazard.
2. Try to be more creative then “Destroy target ???”. Cards can have advantages over the creature or obstacle. For example, “Tap target creature. If target is a ??? it does not tap during its next untap step.” But use your imagination.
3. Good art, good grammar, and good spelling will always help your card out.
4. Have fun and be creative. Flavor and setting should not get in the way of your idea for this contest.
Weekly Winners! (One winner per week (2 favorites) and one honorable mention (1 favorite)
10/20/17 – 10/27/17
Winner: Volatile Landscape by @East2West
Honorable Mention: Miremancer's Gambit by @Brainifyer
10/27/17 – 11/3/17
11/3/17 – 11/10/17
(Potentially more down the line)