My Custom Set - Belenon

edited November 2017 in Custom Card Sets
Hi everyone! I thought I'd make this post because I would like some feedback on the custom set I am in the middle of creating: Belenon. Inspired by the planechase cards Edge of Malacol and Windriddle Palaces, Belenon is a three-colour shard set based around the five factions centred on the first colour in their shard arrangement. Also, because I'm greedy, the set is going to be roughly 20% bigger than an average MtG set.
https://mtgcardsmith.com/user/Orzhova/sets/22265

Factions:
The Eternal Empire of Lukarys, Wub - Mechanic: Eternity - Whenever you gain life, effect.
The Vazdurek Covenant, Ubr - Mechanic: Tribute X (originally from Born of the Gods) - When a creature with tribute enters the battlefield, an opponent may put X +1/+1 counters on it. If they don't, effect.
Malacol, Brg - Mechanic: Mutate X - Whenever this creature would untap during your untap step, you may instead put X +1/+1 counters on it.
The Fornissian Republic, Rgw - Mechanic: Renown X (originally from Magic: Origins) - Whenever this creature deals combat damage to an opponent, if it isn't renowned, put X +1/+1 counters on it and it becomes renowned.
Ilkaya, Gwu -Mechanic: Dream - Pay a cost, then return this creature from the graveyard to the battlefield with a dream counter on it. Creatures with dream counters on them are enchantments and lose all other card types.

As I said above, any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• edited November 2017
    Seems like you have a clear vision for this set, so good on you for that! I would love to see what sorts of lore you have planned for it. One thing I must warn is that tribute was a pretty unpopular mechanic if I recall correctly--either that or I'm confusing it with a different Theros block mechanic that was unpopular. Otherwise this seems great! Keep it up!

Oh yeah and Dream is an amazing idea for a mechanic!
This discussion has been closed.