Brace yourself. Winter is here - !Circuit Challenge!

2»

Comments

• @Faiths_Guide
    Only for some combinations of card types.
  • edited November 2017
    The orc tribes of the Frost-Clan must feed themselves during winter. To do so they must travel long and hard. They are driven by their hunger, and aren't very active when sated.
  • edited November 2017
  • edited November 2017
  • edited November 2017
    deleted
  • edited November 2017
    @tomigon
    There already is a card called whiteout from Ice Age. May be call yours True or Total Whiteout or something.

Now to add something else to this contest Entry 1
  • @lastjustice
    Thanks. I didn't know that card.
  • Update!

The deadline will be postponed to the 2nd of December. This because i will have very little time to judge the challenge next week before the weekend because of work.

Because this challenge was upgraded to a circuit Challenge and the interest is quite high, (multiple people have already reached the limit). I will thereby increase the max number of entries to 5.

I also want to clarify that you'll need to include the artist or source of the art for the entries, this either on the card itself or in the comment section. Entries that are lacking this information will not have the chance to be chosen amongst the top three. Your entry will however still have the chance to be chosen for the honorable mentions.

Another clarification: Transform cards (both front and back) will be counted as one entry.

• edited December 2017
  • edited November 2017
    I needed get some more cards for this one in. Entries...

Entry 2- I wanted make a variety of types for this so why not a new sword of X and X?

Entry 3 -inspired by the intro of FF 6, I always think of that when I take long walks thru the snow. (if you never played it... )

Entry 4, because it's magical Xmas land!

Entry 5-Updated and remade with some minor tweaks from suggestions I received..

Not an entry.And the Wolf Token she makes, because it feels incomplete not to include it.

Backstory, Chylla the Goddess of Winter and Shara,Goddess of the Depths are opposing gods in their patheon. While both are harsh mistresses, Chylla challenges mortals to survive the difficult environment she and her denizens inhabit, she respects and honors those who rise to her challenges. Shara simply views everything as weak and expendable, enslaving or destroying whomever she can. The two often fight each other as one sees mortals potential for greatness that just need a push to get there; while the other sees them simply as tools and resources to to exploit.

• Entry 1:

Entry 2:
  • @Jonteman93

What if we don't know who the artist is, and can't find out the original source of the image? I'll look, but with the sheer volume of fan made anime works and edited wallpapers... I'm not sure if I'll be able to find it.
  • @RayearthIX - I don't use an artwork if I can't credit the artist.
  • edited November 2017
    @RayearthIX

You only need the source from where you got the art, or the source to a site wich have the art with decent quality.
    However it is always better if the original artist can be found but it's not always easy or even possible to find them.

If you don't know how to search for pictures on your computer:
    simply drag the picture from your folder into the web browser, it works at least with google chrome.
    You'll get the picture in the browser and then you can simly right click on the image and press "search google for the image".
  • edited November 2017
    @Jonteman93 - I can try it

@TenebrisNemo - I freely admit I usually go on click sprees where I save dozens of pictures at a time, rarely paying attention to the original artist. Then, when I use them for whatever later on (be it a card here or as a PC wallpaper, etc.), I have no clue who the artist is.
  • I do the same Rayearth, as I have a ton of images saved on my harddrive. I had go back and hunt down the origin of the images used in this contest.
  • Entry 4:
    Based off of this card from Coldsnap
  • edited December 2017
    I will begin the judging a little lightly soon.
    So if you make any modification so already submitted cards please inform me.
    you'll have 34 hours left to submit your entries.
  • 8 hours remaining.
  • You guys did not make it easy for me but i can say that the experience was quite cool. YEAH! YEAH!!... ... ...

well... onto the honorable mentions of which i have three.

@CKNG - Patience
    This is quite close to what i would make as winter card. A card that calms everything down and creates a sort of pseudo peace in the winter landscape.

@TenebrisNemo - Shiva, Empress of Ice
    This is a really good interpretation of how a Final Fantasy summon would work in MTG. Fun? fact: Shiva was the only Pre-Bahamut Aeon i used on a regularly basis in the end game of Final Fantasy X.

@zephyr6066 - Iceborn Draugr
    This is terrifying. A flying zombie spirit thing that can freeze down other creatures to levels that should not even be possible. This is most likely what parents tell horror stories about to their kids.

Now to the really cool guys!

3rd place: TIE!
    @Credius - Subnihila, Queen of Frost
    @Tomigon - Belanor, God of Winter

Yes i have two entries here because i could not pick one that was better than the other.

image image

One is a literal god of winter while the other one brings the winter. One demands your devotion to the winter while the other is the devotion to winter.
    These are quite different but yet so similar. They are both rulers of the cold frost and they will freeze anything that opposes you. one will create a wide frost while the other creates a focused frost. I wonder if they are married. if these were partner commanders they would be a very cool pair.

2nd place:
    @Teacup - Snowball Fight

It's all fun and games until someone decides to throw a teacup at you. Joke aside this is a very heart warming and a little scary card. It brings back memories from when the kids at school would have snowball fights, there were always at least one guy or girl that would compress the snowballs until they got hard and really hurt for those that got hit.
    There is not much more i can say about the card. it's a simple but very enjoyable card with high flavor.
  • edited December 2017
    1st place:
    They say that a monarch is nothing compared to a god, that a god is nothing to a non-believer, the non-believer is but a tool for a monarch. These are all embraced by the circles of birth, life and death. All of these have been given birth at some time in the larger scale and all of these will at some time face death. The simple soldiers as tools in war. The kings and queens that order the soldiers to battle. The gods that demands blood andc onquest. Even the gods of death is not immune. Even when the gods of death is gone, death itself will prevail. Is it the same thing for winter when no gods are left to shepherd it? when the winters becomes longer and longer until they no longer leave room for summer to bloom. Then we'll have a winter unending.

@Brainifyer - Winter Unending

Even the land itself cannot resist the complete winter, when everything slows to be almost nonexistent and sacrifices must be made to resist the winter's hold. The flavor of Winter Unending is so spot i can't think of anything that brings the winter onto a card better. You could say that the card is the outmost and perfect defenition of a cool card.

Remember that these rankings are made based on my own perspective and validation so a card that i may consider lackluster may be another persons piece of the holy grail. it is however just a fun contest. Thank you all for your participation and congratulations to the winners and honorable mentions.

Winners please list your cards that you want to be favorized. As i already follow you @Brainifyer you'll get 2 additional choices.

Thank you all for your participation and i hope you all have a very cool winter!
    hmph, 1.. 2.. 3.. 4... 5. OH NO!!

• edited December 2017
    Congrats to ALL the winners and mentionables!!!
    Points have been awarded!
  • Well I'm more surprised than anyone at the result!
    @Jonteman93 Just favorite whatever you want (if you haven't already.)
This discussion has been closed.