Commander Sets (Closed for Judging)

Comments

• More or less, as you said just fluff for this to have a backstory.
  • @Squeak @zizick123 what are your themes
  • @DoctorFro as I said in my post, my theme is villains.
  • Oh sry didn’t read that
  • My theme is leaders, each of these cards have a backstory where they took the reigns when times got tough, for better or for worse. If you like to hear the stories, just let me Know!
  • IF you want to post them that is fine, but I just need the general idea so thank you
  • Alright! I really don't won't to plague the community with my terrible writing skills if I don't have to, and plus i'm feeling a little lazy.
  • alright then
  • edited December 2017
    My commander set follows the premise of Nazahn, which tutors for a special effect that synergizes with the commander. Here is Jabbran, the scry commander we have all been waiting for without realizing it!

• Do u have the other commanders?
  • @DoctorFro, do you want me to make more?
  • @Gelectrode
    You may want to implement our feedback on Jabbran's Foresight's card page.
  • @Gelectrode yes that would be nice; also on the front of the challenge u do need multiple 4-5
  • edited December 2017
    @Gelectrode
    Here are two humble offerings to your scry deck. (Buffed to now work with Sage Owl and opponents' libraries in niche circumstances.)

The first card is also made as a synergy card to start out with for a custom sub-format of ours.

imageimage
  • @Gelectrode you will need 4-5 with the same to be considered competing
  • @DoctorFro, please have patience. I am very busy right now, but I will make time to 'smith some more commanders. If you wish to help me work faster, it would be greatly appreciated! I am just looking for artwork featuring a pilot and another piece of artwork featuring the same pilot's flying ship.
  • Oh sry I did not know you were working on them I was just making sure you knew that way you could compete...there is not rush. :)
    Sry that it felt like I was rushing you
  • @Gelectrode I also have a lot of work lately so I understand...no worries if you need an extension jsut ask

I haven't finished the set yet, but I really liked a few years ago when they did the Planeswalker Commander sets, and so here are the Red, White, and Black ones so far. Obviously I couldn't include the box for the "can be your commander" since the option wasn't available. But this is what I've got so far. Once I find a blue and a green one from MTG history to make one based off of I'll post them.
  • @Valoth
    Urza(he was monoblue in the card Blind Seer) or Feroz, Serra's husband you could use for Blue. Kristina of the Woods for green.
  • edited December 2017
    My second entry for my set:

• @lastjustice I think I will try to use Urza for blue, as for Kristina, I'll have to read up on her and decide if I want to use her or to keep searching, thanks for your suggestions
  • Don't know if this has been done before in magic, but basically multiple places in this continent are possessed by powerful gods that want the entire continent the same kind of land as them. There are 5 gods, the spirit of the jungle, the spirit of the desert, the spirit of the ruins, spirit of the tundra, and the spirit of the sea. The spirits used the denizens of there respective lands to conquest against the other spirits and dominate the continent. The strongest warriors among the spirit's land are appointed to "champion" status and they basically act as generals. These 5 cards are the champions for each spirit.

The spirit of the desert uses the goblins to help conquest. He makes it clear who his champion is, and encourages goblins to fight each other for that title. Most of the time the biggest and strongest goblin becomes the champion but Bubek was different. No matter how hard he was hit or how many limbs he lost, he always came back for revenge. Although his assassins have killed Bubek many times, they never stand a chance in round 2.

The spirit of the jungle controls all flora in the jungle. In order to arm her warriors, she created a plant that secreted a venom that greatly suppress the fighting skills of her opponents. But one day, one of her warriors, Zap'henar, decided to create a venom out of all of the different venoms found inside the jungle's wildlife. His creation was so potent that he was able to singlehandedly lead the Jungle's warriors to victory against the giants of the tundra. After the battle, he was instantly promoted champion and has remained so ever since.

During the middle of the war, the spirit of the tundra was at risk of losing it's land because it was running out of giants to send into battle. But after a close win against the forces of the spirit of the ruins, the spirit of the tundra was able to have his humans plunder the ancient tomes in the ruins. One tome spoke of a Vyrgorg, giant that was sealed away long before the spirits possessed the continent. The spirit of the tundra summoned Vyrgorg with a ritual described in the tome and made him his champion. Vyrgorg is the reason the spirit of the tundra is still fighting today.

The Ruins of a civilization long past provides the resources the spirit of the ruins needs to compete against the other spirits. But one day, the spirit of the ruin's mages excavated a creature so powerful that the spirit of the ruins could barely control it. Sure, Taraan has one the spirit of the ruins many battles, but now that it's reactivated, what is the spirit going to do about when the war's over?

The Merfolk of the ocean value honor more than anything. If one trains to become champion and fails, then he is obligated to kill himself. Tiwrath doesn't bother with such imbecilic rules. Tiwrath trained to become champion and when he lost, he kept training. Onlookers showed their disgust and insulted Tiwrath but he didn't listen. Tiwrath started to study a type of magic leftover from the previous inhabitants of the sea, known as tentaculum, or the ability to create and control tentacles. He devoted himself to this ancient art, and even let tentaculum scar his body to increase his proficiency with it. After years of training, Tiwrath rightfully became champion. Most merfolk do not follow him, as he disrespected the code of honor, but Tiwrath doesn't care. He can do just fine by himself.
  • I need to know if people need extensions, my guess is yes, if so I will not judge the contest tomorrow. I will judge the entries that are in and ready to be judged though, so if you need to fix anything now is the time.
  • edited December 2017
    Just dumping those cards. Alaran cycle style. The lore? I have no idea.

The balance of those cards is also questionable.

image image image image image
This discussion has been closed.