Under-loved Tribes of MTG

Comments

• How about angels? they are loved by players but they lack a commander to unify them.
    Kaalia could be counted but she demands a playstyle that is not in pair with majority for the angels.
  • @Jonteman93 I suppose they would count, however for originality's sake it would possibly put you behind some other entries (Unless you make a totally kick-a** Commander of course)
    Does this count as kick a** enough wink* wink* nudge* nudge*
    It is demons and angels but mainly angels
  • @Valoth shoudnt it be 4-5 bc 4 was only the tribal set
  • edited December 2017
    My take on a merfolk tribal commander a la C17 with eminence. Merfolk is a pretty staple tribe, BUT there are no good commanders for it considering that merfolk are spread over 4 of the 5 colors. therefore, i tried to make a merfolk commander that would use the three most common colors for merfolk: w, u, and g. Merfolk have always been U, but lorwyn saw some W/U or even just W merfolk. Then ravnica and now ixalan has shifted merfolk into the U/G and G colors. bant thus provides the best mix and the eminence ability of adamaris capitalizes on the +1/+1 counter shenanigans W and G seem to be so good at. the draw ability is because blue likes drawing cards. note that tapping 3 merfolk may seem OP for drawing cards, but this is draw 1, then discard 1, so you actually net 0. i think it's fair but i'd love to hear your thoughts on it.

• @zephyr6066 while I wouldn't completely consider Merfolk as being under loved I can appreciate your point of not having a solidly unifying Commander for them as well as I can appreciate the thought process and balancing that went in to making him.

@DoctorFro I like the idea of the corrupting ability and such, some of the wording seems a little clunky but I do find it an interesting way to make an Angels AND Demons deck
  • @Valoth Thanks. And i know that merfolk arent underloved, but there are just no good tribal commanders for it and that frustrates me. in W/U theres sygg, and U/G has zegana/tishana, but there are clear problems with both of these commander sets. sygg only has a small amount of W or W/U merfolk to pick from as merfolk are now solidly in the U/G colors. but on the flip side, zegana and tishana are more focused on counters and draw shenanigans, respectively, not merfolk. and the only decent bant commander is derevi who's not even a merfolk... sooo honestly... i decided to fix the problem. I did have a lot of trouble trying to balance adamaris though. what are your thoughts? is he how did i do with balancing in terms of cost and abilities and drawbacks?
  • @Valoth I plan to fix the text on it but I will repost it when fixed if that is okay
  • I think I fixed it
  • Bonus round....I made this awhile back, but this definitely an under loved tribe.. Rebels! They badly need a commander in other colors besides white so you can play them all, and more of them.

• image one last edit on wordin gon the angel
    Here's a yeti
  • https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/shambling-darkness
    It was a tough choice to make a tribal commander for trolls, ogres, or horrors. Love all of them. I decided to go with horror and now it makes good sense why it's legendary as I imagine fluff wise it's some sort of Lovecraftian looking creatures that when swallows you, leaves you entirely isolated inside a void of it's own body. No sound, no feeling, nothing but you know you're there.

Now imagine it skittering toward you like a cockroach with Marilyn Manson's sweet dreams. I'M THE BLACK MANA EXPERT
  • You forgot to italicize the flavor text...just pointing it out there is really no real reason to fix though as long as you think it is fine.
  • edited December 2017
    It's fine. I'm still getting used to everything and just having fun making cards in contest in the event some members ever wanna collab to work on a homebrew set for discord or something. But you're right, it could get confusing.
  • edited December 2017
  • Sorry I haven't commented in a while everyone. Finals hit and it was a crazy couple weeks
  • @Beydin13 love that wurm commander
  • I feel like it is a little broken
  • Card advantage and free board wipes :~/
  • imageimage
    Banshee is weaker than krenko because of how bad nontoken drakes are,and that is sad. I couldn't give Banshee white since then mirror entity pumps 50 garbage 2/3s. Andremir feels more right every time I look at him. He requires to be built around but he really pulls the strings to make other stuff work.
  • @DoctorFro
    Drawback: Doesn't protect your creatures. So you'll have to watch how much power you're attacking with so you don't end up destroying your own creatures.
  • I mean, I don't see it as broken as the new green legendary dinosaur coming out in the next set, but that's just me
  • Yea but if you are running wurms there shouldn’t be any flyers
This discussion has been closed.