Creating a Commander Product

12346»

Comments

• edited December 2017
    @Arceus8523, The Spark Ignited seems very broken. Between Karn, Ugin, Nicol Bolas, Nahiri, and a bunch of other planeswalkers, it always tutors an answer and a win con at the same time. What about this?

"Search your library for a planeswalker card, exile it, then flip a coin. If you win the flip, put it onto the battlefield. Otherwise, put it into your hand."

Also, the artist is Jason Nguyen.
  • @Gelectrode
    Got it. Updated the card in the editor. Any other cards that seem overpowered in that bunch?
  • edited December 2017
    Okay, the theme I settled on is "Sieze the Moment", lots of sneaky interactions with a strong focus on combat tricks. The three commanders are below; any balance concerns or more general feedback before I move forward with this theme?

imageimageimage

My main worry is that Thessaly is too close to Ink-Treader Nephilim (or Zada), though her interaction with combat tricks is much more useful than Ink-Treader's. I think the convoke distinguishes her sufficiently from Zada, but they would definitely play quite similarly (though somewhat less explosively, since she has a harder time abusing cantrips).
  • Can I make some Commanders for the Black or Gruul deck?
  • I’ve done the black commander but take a crack at Gruul!
  • @Arceus8523, just curious, what was the theme for the black deck?
  • @Gelectrode
    It’s sacrifice effects and tokens.
  • edited January 2018
    Here are two commanders for the Gruul deck. I decided to go for Shaman Tribal, and because many shamans have activated abilities, they are a secondary theme. Thoughts?

• edited December 2017
    Third Commander:

• @Tigersol can I join? I have some deck ideas we can use.
  • edited January 2018
  • @Tigersol Cool!

I'm thinking of either going in the direction of G/W Enchantress or U/B/R Artifact Creatures matter.

Also, first post of 2018 :)
  • edited January 2018
    imageimage
    imageimage

tHE sToRM sCALe ExIStS foR a ReASoN
  • About how many new cards do we need for each deck?
  • edited January 2018
    I think the 4-color 'combat tricks' deck is done. In addition to the three commanders above and the cycle of combat tricks with Storm, I also have a cycle of four three-colored creatures, each with a Heroic ability based on their block mechanic. Protean Charm is a bonus, (even though it's technically not a charm, it has four modes), making twelve.

imageimage
    imageimage

• edited January 2018
    Today's scoop for the Shaman deck:

• edited January 2018
    First two cards for my G/W Enchantress deck.

I'm going to be going a very aura-focused route with this deck. Karametra allows all of my enchantments to replace themselves to midigate damage from removal and board wipes. She would be too good without the paying 1 mana clause.

Vinewood Champion is just a good beater for this style of deck. @Beeswax if you want me to bump it down to uncommon so it can go into your deck as well, I will. It does kinda fit what you are doing there and I don't think it would be too broken at that rarity.
  • Alright, Here are two more cards for the Enchantress deck:

Porg Migration gives the deck some extra resilience in the event of a board wipe, and can be used to protect your creatures.

Rip in Twain is a cool fight spell that feels very green to me, and I think it would be a welcome addition to any deck that plays large creatures.
  • edited January 2018
    @KrampisZman

Porg migration is just beautiful!
  • edited January 2018
    Mo' Shamans!

• edited January 2018
    More EDH-friendly cards:

• Okay here are all of the cards in the Shaman deck:

https://mtgcardsmith.com/user/Gelectrode/sets/27468

In addition, here is the deck, missing the cards:

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/mtgcardsmith-commander-deck-shamanic-savagery/
This discussion has been closed.