Ladies and Gentlemen! Warriors and wizards! Beasts and summoners! Angels and demons!
I welcome you to the Tournament of Champions!
Choose your champion to enter the arena where he, she or it shall face the champions of another until only one stands as the true champion!
8 or 16 champions will enter the Tournament , After each stage the winning champions will continue to the next stage stronger than before until only one remains.
If there would be an odd number of competitors, the 8 or 16 best of these will be chosen to fight in the arena. Rules
* Each competitor creates an initial balanced 3 mana creature (legendary or ordinary) that will represent him or her in the arena.
For each victory the champion will become stronger, (it's mana cost will increase).
A new more powerful card will be created with the stronger champion for each level.
* Champions color identities are allowed to change partly between levels. (colors may be added or removed but a core color must remain)
* Champions of higher level must be similar to their earlier versions (Main abilities must be same or similar, secondary abilities may be removed or added, make it look like natural evolving)
* Artwork between levels may be the same or different but should resemble some similarities
* Champions must be balanced (don't make a 10/10 for 3 mana without downsides)
* Champions may be replaced/remade but only before the first deadline
Edit (15/1): Champions created before this tournament may be used, this is true for all levels as long as they follow the rules. Instructions
Pre- first stage:
The draft period will be 2 weeks at minimum, this may be increased if the desired quantity of champions is not reached.
If the number of champions is odd a knockout competition will occure where the "best" champions will be taken to the tournament.
When the 8 or 16 champions have been chosen, The positions will randomized.
Champions will then fight in the arena where the winners are determinated through different factors.
Some of these are: Power/toughness, abilities, balance, extra costs, flavor etc. But also some kind of special facor
The winners will be presented after some time.
Post- First stage:
The winners of the stage will then be given a minimum of one week to upgrade their champion. Extra time will be given if one cannot upgrade their champion within the given time.
This will then continue until the last 2 champions remain. Some special rules will occure then but more about that then.
Mana cost for the stages are as follows:
First stage: 3 mana
Second stage: 5 mana
Third stage: 7 mana
Fourth stage: 9 mana (16 players)
Example of three levels of champions:
The first preliminary deadline is 29th of January