Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help for wording on my custom set

So ive been making my own set (PM me if you want know more i guess :P) and since im alone right now id like to have oppinions on some of my wording. Lets satr with this one.

For each attacking creatures, you may have a different creature you control fight it.

i know WOTC hasnt used the word DIFFERENT creatures too often but what it means is you cant use the same creature you control to fight twice ...
i tryed other wording but that was the only understandable one.

Comments

• Isn't that the same as blocking in the vast majority of cases!?
  • kinda but you can do so in addition to blocking and you creature can be tapped and you can do it on creature attacking another player ... i mean ... its a common card ...
  • and it bypasses first strike, you can use it on creatures with arests effect on them wich are unable to block ... i think its a neat effect for a draft environement.

I play a lot of limited formats and this card doesnt strike me as totaly useless. also ... the card draws you a card.
  • True, but you have to keep in mind I only see the one ability. So I can only look at that for analyzing.
  • edited February 7
    the goal is more to have help on wording cause the one im using feels a bit weird ... different creature doenst seem to feel "real" altought i could provide you the full card if you so wish
  • edited February 7
    Here you go.
    -----
    Whenever one or more creatures you don't control attack, for each of those creatures, you may have another creature you control fight that creature.
    -----
  • that would allow for one creature to fight all of them also i forgot to mention the effect is on an instant (i will post the card next time i need help sorry). i think my only problem is figuring how to make sure a creature you control only fights one creature. i guess ill just leave it as it is and allow it to fight many times. anyway a creature can rarely fight multiple time and survive so it probably wont be so bad.

thanks for you time !! i might have more wording to verify in the futur but for now itll do.

• "Another" states that the same creature can't be used for the same ability.