Mechanic Synergy Contest **Circuit Challenge**

124»

Comments

• Two days and six hours left
  • edited February 2018
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/commune-with-madness-1
    I'm on time, finally!

EDIT: Rebalanced and reworded. also: Buyback+delve. Amusing.
  • https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/jattu-guardian-of-the-heart
    I'm (finally) back to Cardsmith! I think this guy is kinda weird, but hopefully well-rounded enough.
  • https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/the-heart-of-tam-wiira
    One of my old favorite designs, the "heart of the wilderness." For an idea I'm building soon, but *also* for this contest.
  • edited February 2018
    Splice + Raid:
  • edited February 2018
    I wanted to make a card with both of the "Ex" mechanics. I thought this was a fun intersection between the two.

I thought that a Totem Armor "Lord" would be fun. It adds the counter to prevent memory issues (thanks to @Tomigon for that suggestion!) I have included full rules text in the Disqus comments, including Splice and some extra rulings. Fun Fact! You can splice this onto creatures with Bestow!

Delve, Dredge and Cycling seem to work really well together. I think being able to play this for any less than 4 mana is way too good, so I made a card that utilizes all three! As with the Trick, I have full oracle in the disqus.
  • Six hours left until the judging! Remember, if you really want to enter something but need another day, just message me and ill change it.
  • Entries are now closed, and judging will begin!
  • So exciting!
  • I will have results posted hopefully tomorrow, definitely by thursday!
  • @TheCenterOfTheUniverse I'm giddy like a schoolgirl!
  • Winners have been determined!

Honorable Mentions

"Servo Savant" by @Gelectrode
    I really enjoy the simplicity of this card. Being an uncommon, you gave it the ideal numbers for each of its abilities, and I really enjoy the ability of the Savant to die and make a 3/3 essentially.

"Konsku the Evershriek" by @Brainifyer
    I really enjoy the use of Grandeur to abuse the legendary rule, as that's something that I would love to see really happen but probably won't.

"Expedition Leader" by @KrampisZman
    This card first grabbed my eyes because it used two abilities that were basically untouched, and was well-balanced as well. What made it worthy of a mention, however, is the beautiful flavor text ripping off of Goblin Guide.

"Gibbering Amalgam" by @AustinSmith
    While three mechanics on a single card may seem to stretch it, this card combined its abilities well, and used less common abilities in the first place. There may be a few problems with balance (I can't tell with the mass of abilities on it), but the combination of three abilities that work together both mechanically and flavorfully is impressive.

imageimageimageimage

Third Place
    "Starborn Umbra" by @Blazing_Biscuit
    I must admit, I love auras. And this card is exactly what I want for an aura: resilient, protective, and also a creature when all else fails! My only problem is the headache of rules it creates concerning the combination of the two abilities, but otherwise, I love it!

Second Place
    "Necrotic Ultimatum" by @Beeswax
    My favorite thing about this card is that you would never expect Overload and Will of the Council to appear on the same card. That being said, this card is awesome. I love the concept and the implementation. The only remote strike against it is its similarity to Magister of Worth, but its still vastly its own card.

First Place
    "Roar of the Maelstrom" by @Alchemist
    This card requires so many exact considerations too make it right. The colors were excellently chosen, as was the cmc and buyback cost. The real thing, though, that really sells this card is its simplicity, as it doesn't try to do too more than it should. Well done!

Congratulations to you all, and thank you to everyone who entered. Winners, please get back to me on what card(s) you would like favorited.
    @Corwinn could you please award the respective Circuit Points?
  • Congratulations to all other winners and honorable mentions! Thanks for this great contest @TheCenterOfTheUniverse! You can just go through my cards and favortie what you want, you don't even have to favorite any. I do this for fun, not favorites. Good luck in all your other contests y'all!
  • edited March 2018
    Congrats to ALL the winners!!
    and you mentionables as well!!

Standings have been updated!!
This discussion has been closed.