Clade Dinosauria **Circuit Challenge**

13»

Comments

• edited April 2018
    Group Tactics
    Forgotten Flavor text: Divide and conquer is the code of pack-hunting.
  • edited April 2018
    The only way this can end...

• edited May 2018
    I'm glad I wasn't the only one who felt like this. The Old Bull Diabloceratops is one of my favorite paleoarts especially love the face detail. Anyway, I liked the fact that most of the Ceratopsid bodies were 4/4 so I went with that. But as far as aesthetics and general play, I was disappointed. The feathers completely covering (and sometimes replacing the frill like on Charging Tuskodon and Bonded Horncrest) was absolutely horrible. So I made this card because it was too perfect of a name from the original description and how I would have used Enrage on a Ceratopsid card. Only in Rivals did something vaguely Ceratopsid get Enrage, and it wasn't in Red or useful at all.
    I'm glad I wasn't the only one who felt like this. The Old Bull Diabloceratops is one of my favorite paleoarts especially love the face detail. Anyway, I liked the fact that most of the Ceratopsid bodies were 4/4 so I went with that. But as far as aesthetics and general play, I was disappointed. The feathers completely covering (and sometimes replacing the frill like on Charging Tuskodon) was absolutely horrible. So I made this card because it was too perfect of a name from the original description and how I would have used Enrage on a Ceratopsid card. Only in Rivals did something vaguely Ceratopsid get Enrage, and it wasn't in Red or useful at all. Also, more two color dinosaurs would be great anyway.

Bodacious Spiclypeus:

The original description of Spiclypeus shipporum was in some reference to the word "Bodacious" so I went with that as well. I love everything about this card.
  • edited May 2018
    Introducing the "Hunt" mechanic for dinosaurs. Please comment on my cards if you have any suggestions (i.e. power level)

Note: The Velociraptor Stalker should be Creature Type: "Dinosaur". Sorry for that typo.

imageimageimageimage
  • Only TEN days left?!
  • Bonus round bump, Extinction is almost here!

(not entries.) I made a complete cycle of dual color elder dinos.

image image

image image

image image

image image

image image

• https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/talon-pack-spinosaur
    Here's my entry. I haven't been on cardsmith in a long time, forgive me if I made any mistakes in wording.
  • @Corwinnn One day now!

Anyone who hasn't entered yet better get a jump on it! @Corwinnn I'm still waiting for Tyrannosquirrelus Rex :)
  • You know how hard it is to find one of those?
  • @Corwinnn Almost as hard as finding Bidoofitops... :)
  • So you know my pain!
  • edited May 2018
    @Corwinnn @KrampisZman :P

No luck finding a Bidoofitops, I would have drawn one if I saw this sooner.
  • @TheClayKnight - I just drew one, but with my tiny squirrel hands it just looks like scribble.
  • And with that, entries are closed!

(HOWEVER, if you make a card before 12:00 AM Central Standard Time, I will still accept it)
  • edited May 2018
    NOOOO! Dinosaurs are my jam and I just missed the contest by a couple days. :'-(
  • So excited to see the winners!
  • The time for judgment has arrived!

Honorable Mentions:
    @TheClayKnight with Tyrannosquirrelus Rex!
    I absolutely love that you were able to find art for this and make an actually decent card!

@TheCenterOfTheUniverse with Errant Stegosaurus!
    I like the card filtering this card offers.

@atrus159 with Deathscream Raptor!
    Cool design, it feels like a decent card.

3rd Place:
    @Faiths_Guide with Shelter Ring!
    I like how much this card feels like the theoretical dinosaur behavior it's mimicing. It feels well-costed for constructed. The cantrip is what makes this playable in my opinion. It allows you to save your best dude without actually having to lose any creatures, especially if you have something indestructible. Nice work!

2nd Place:
    @ Gelectrode with Horizon Dasher!
    This card is a punisher. If you're playing against this, you either have to block it, risking it growing, or your opponent gets a land! This feels like something midrangey green decks would want to use as a way to both apply pressure and ramp.

1st Place:
    @Saveria201 with Clobbering Ankylosaur!
    This card is very complicated. To me, it reads as if it is both a hard removal spell for small creatures and a "lockdown" of sorts for bigger ones. What gets me going here is all of it's brewing potential. Imagine pumping this with auras, or slapping a Basilisk Collar on it? That is just gross. I'm not sure this would see top-teir tournament play, but it would be a fun card at FNM for sure!

Congrats to the @Winners and @Honorables! Please send me a PM to collect your favorites!
  • edited May 2018
    Congrats to ALL the winners and HM's! Circuit points have been posted!
    Thanks to @KrampisZman for hosting this fun challenge!
  • Congrats other @Winners and @Mentionables! Thanks for the contest @KrampisZman (and don't forget, the Ring won't hurt anything if you only control one creature, but you might want to with a bunch of possible enrage targets)!
  • Thx for the contest. Even though I didn't get anything, I really enjoyed it. I absolutely love dinosaurs, and I'd love to become a paleontologist when I grow up (if that ever happens :D)
  • @baryonyx69 You're welcome. I'm probably going to do some more Dinosaur themed stuff in the future, so keep your eyes peeled for that... :)
  • Apparently my @Gelectrode had a space in it. Oops.

I'm still waiting on hearing from @Gelectrode, @atrus159 and @TheClayKnight. If you guys could message me with which cards you would like favorited, that would be great.
  • This discussion is now closed.

@Corwinnn
This discussion has been closed.