So, for my second contest, I am going to challenge you to be ambitious. I am going to challenge you to do more than just make a card of a certain class or mechanic. I am going to challenge you to build a story, a world, a civilization.
For this contest, I want you to create 5 or more cards that will represent an entire world/faction/community/race/civilization/etc. Each card must have flavor text, or a brief description, that gives some details of your civilization, and must connect to the other cards to create one cohesive unit. For example, if you create 4 Green/White cards, the fifth card can't suddenly be Blue/Black (unless you provide a good story reason in your world-building). What type of civilization you create is up to you, but each set of five cards must have;
- Two creatures, one of which must be a leader of the civilization (such as a military, political, or religious leader).
- One land which represents an important place in the civilization.
- One artifact which is of importance to the civilization.
- One wildcard that is related to the actions and ideals of the civilization. I strongly encourage this to be an enchantment, instant, or sorcery, but if there is a third creature, or second land/artifact, or a planeswalker, that is needed to finish your tableau, then make them/it!
Any other submitted cards are up to you, and may enhance (or worsen) your chance of winning. The goal here is to world build. As such, the factors I will be judging on are;
- World-building: The story and cohesiveness of the cards is key to this contest.
- Realism: Cards should be balanced and have proper formatting.
- Creativity: I am happy to get a bunch of cards based on the real world, but be creative if you do so.
- Art: Please do NOT use any actual MTG art on your cards. I will heavily penalize cards that use MTG art. I will not stop you from using real photos of the world, but I greatly prefer art to photography.
- Newness: Please submit new cards and ideas. If you want to submit older cards, you may do so, but this will be used as a tiebreaker (where new creations rank higher against similar older cards).
And lastly, prizes.
- 1st: 1 month of premium, a follow, and 5 likes of your choice.
- 2nd: a follow, and 4 likes of your choice.
- 3rd: 3 likes of your choice
- Honorable Mentions: 2 likes of my choice.
All winners will also get each card they submitted liked as well.
The deadline for this contest will be May 1st. Good luck, and may the best civilization win!