A while back I started a Polynesian themed set called La’akea, and the thread died fairly quickly.
However I still had a little idea in the back of my head for a Polynesian themed set, and now after seeing what @ningyounk
has done with his Renaissance set, I’ve decided to start from scratch.
I intend to make this set a top-down Polynesian themed set, Polynesians meaning people who lived on islands in the Pacific, like Hawaiians. Notable examples of Polynesians in pop culture are “Moana” and “Lilo and Stitch.”I DO NOT NEED CARDS OR CONCEPTS RIGHT NOW.
I need people who:
- want to make a set
- know how to make set skeletons
- have mechanic ideas
- can help with creating the world and finding (edit: OR CREATING (!)) art
- are good at building characters
- can help me think of a theme (e.g. land matters, multicolor matters, graveyard matters)
Themes and tropes I hope to explore:
Creature types I hope to integrate:
- Crabs and/or homarids (I like crab people and I love Tamatoa, so...)
- Gods / Demigods (I plan to use "Lesser" for "Lesser God" for a demigod, kind of like "Elder" for, say, "Elder Demon")
I plan to use a 263 card set skeleton - 15 basic lands, 101 common, 80 uncommon, 52 rare, 15 mythic.
I would appreciate any help with the set based on these tropes, but like I said, I don't need random card concepts.
If you can help me develop this set in any other way, I would greatly appreciate it!
Creature types from La'akea - credit to @NokiSkaur
with a few edits:
W (Flying): Spirits, Elementals, Birds
W (Non-Flying): Cats, Dwarves
U (Flying): Spirits, Birds
U (Non-Flying): Elementals, Leviathans, Mystics, Homarids
B (Flying): Horrors
B (Non-Flying): Shamans, Scarecrows, Tiki, Pirates
R (Flying): Dragons, Elementals
R (Non-Flying): Tikis, Humans, Beasts, Dwarves
G (Flying): Insects
G (Non-Flying): Artisans, Cats, Beasts, Boars
Chrome: Humans, Gods, Lesser Gods (Demigods)