Mystery Box Challenges

Comments

• @Abu_Jafar, the prize would say premium membership if it were to you, if I recall correctly. I believe that is premium for you to designate someone it'll be gifted to... (But I could be wrong.)

Thank you for the card btw, it's glorious!
  • edited April 2020

https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/grina-crowned-thug
    @jpastor my Mercenary Thug that uses drafting in its mechanics.
    Lets reveal prize number 95 and name it "Yisan's Lyre Solo"
    I'll have another box please

• Create a mono blue instant that creates a creature token.
    @jpastor, can I have another box?
  • @jpastor Mono-red card with "Any player(opponent) may have" in its rules text.
  • edited April 2020
    @Abu_Jafar
    You were gifted the premium. You always have the option to decline it since it's not coming out of your pocket. Your mystery box contains:
    - A Mystery Challenge: Create a creature with Annihilator.

@Ranshi
    Your mystery box contains:
    - 33: You may reshuffle this box's mystery challenge.*
    - A Mystery Challenge: 
    Create a rare creature card that's flavor text is bulkier than its rules text.

@KingWatherton
    - 71: Choose between 2 challenges:
    - A Mystery Challenge:Create a full-art token for a card made by you or any other cardsmith that creates such a token. Be sure to tag the cardsmith if it is not your card. 
    -or-
    - A Mystery Challenge: 
    Create a spell that mills target player.

@zamshala
    - 53: Pick a card type: A random challenge in the next batch will have this card type tacked-on.*
    - A Mystery Challenge: 
    Create a creature with Annihilator.

@Fantastickill7
    - A Mystery Challenge: 
    Create a rare creature card that's flavor text is bulkier than its rules text.

@jpastor
    - 90: CMB #13: Two Cardsmiths fight.
    - A Mystery Challenge: 
    Create a full-art token for a card made by you or any other cardsmith that creates such a token. Be sure to tag the cardsmith if it is not your card. 

Denotes your box initially came prizeless, but you completed the optional tack-on challenge.
  • @jpastor

Do you mean spell as in non-land, so creature, enchantment, sorcery, instant, etc.
    Or do you mean spell as in instant and sorcery only.

Also, what is your position on old cards. For instance, can I use cards that I just used in another competition today?

Also, I choose the mill one, as I cannot do art.
  • @KingWatherton
    Spells include creatures, enchantments, sorcerys, instants, artifacts, and planeswalkers.
  • edited April 2020
    @jpastor Can I have another box?

• Here is the annihilator. @jpastor, may I please have another box?
  • @Abu_Jafar The art you've used there is by Raymond Swanland and comes from a real MTG card, Dread Drone. Try to credit art whenever possible, consider not using art if you can't and remember that saying "Pinterest" as the artist is completely pointless because that's an entire site and it's got millions of pictures.

On a largely unrelated note, you seem to consistently forget to italicise flavor text on your cards. Try to remember whenever you can, it helps with the general appearance quality a lot.
  • @MemoryHead thanks for the info, i will try to remember the italicization for my future cards. i will also make a new one with the proper artist info.
  • edited April 2020

Sorry, this is my edited version, i dont know how to delete my old post.
  • Is it worth pointing out that the eldrazi could travel between planes already? Their whole thing is based around it.
  • Whelp... i should probably pay attention to storylines more...
  • edited April 2020
    Good Old Saloon

@jpastor another box please!
  • edited April 2020
    Boxes coming soon.

• edited April 2020
    This is my entry for "create a full art token for another dude's card."

I made this for:the below card made by @Ranshi

• @jpastor, you accidentally posted twice.
  • @jpastor, could I shuffle my challenge?
  • edited April 2020
    Due to these tougher economic times, you can decline any premium prize you get that costs me money and instead receive the following prize: "Your choice of the Mystery Box Avatar, a Featured Card (subject to availability), or any non-premium prize of your choice." 

@KingWatherton
    Spell = nonland
    Any card created the day of the challenge is fine, but most of the time one draws up a brand new card for these challenges.

@Fantastickill7
    - A Mystery Challenge: Create an Artifact with a mana ability.

@Abu_Jafar
    - 66: 4 favorites of my choice -OR- 2 of your choice
    - A Mystery Challenge:Create a spell with a kicker cost that costs differently colored mana from its casting cost. 

@LyndonF
    - A Mystery Challenge: Create a spell with a kicker cost that costs differently colored mana from its casting cost.

@jpastor
    - A Mystery Challenge: Create an Artifact with a mana ability.
  • @jpastor Can I have another box?
  • edited April 2020

Here is the kicker card.

Also if you have not sent out the membership I will decline it.
    I forgot to take into consideration that it costs money.

Also I choose the four favourites of your choice.

@jpastor, another box please.
  • Keranoss Oracle

@jpastor Another box please!

Also, a couple things:
    - Can you assign different match ups for me and @Abu_Jafar ? I've got the same challenges as them for three times in a row and the matches haven't been exciting...
    - I decline my previous gifted premium and would like to take prize 34: Create a Mystery Box prize. Is it okay for the new prize to be as follows?

Choose target cardsmith that has asked for a mystery box within the last week. You may fight that cardsmith.
  • edited April 2020
    Added 2 new prizes!

@Fantastickill7
    - 59: You may favorite 1 of my cards for a 50/50 shot at your prize of choice.
    - A Mystery Challenge: Create a Jellyfish creature card.

@Abu_Jafar
    - 50: 3 favorites of my choice + 1 of your choice
    - A Mystery Challenge: 
    Create a card with the Commander icon.

@LyndonF
    Everything you said is why I have a prize that lets you create a prize. I'm always looking to tweak how these are done to make them better for everything. I've been pairing people up by like rating, but I think I will just randomly pair up from now on. I've reworded your prize to make it simply as follows:"Challenge any rated cardsmith to a duel." I will add-on the clarification text for this challenge with my posts. Your mystery box contains:
    - A Mystery Challenge: 
    Create a Jellyfish creature card.

@jpastor
    - 39: Playmat
    - A Mystery Challenge: Create a card with the Commander icon.
  • @jpastor, I faved Plume of Qal Sisma
  • @jpastor
    I just remembered my prize from 3 boxes ago, 42: One favorite for every box with a prize in this batch (1 favorite of your choice). If it's still valid, I would like this card faved for the one fav of my choice.
    https://mtgcardsmith.com/view/dragon-of-temptation?list=user
This discussion has been closed.