Ladies and gentlemen! Warriors and wizards! Beasts and summoners! Angels and demons!
I welcome you to the 17th-*cough*
-2nd Tournament of Champions!
Choose your champion to enter the arena where he, she, or it shall face the champions of other cardsmiths until only one stands as the true champion!
8 or 16 champions will enter the tournament. After each stage, the winning champions will continue to the next stage stronger than before until only one remains.
If there would be an odd number of competitors, the 8 or 16 best of them will be chosen to fight in the tournament.Rules:
- Each cardsmith creates a legendary creature with converted mana cost 3 or less
that will represent them in the tournament.
- After each victorious match, the champion will grow stronger (its mana cost will increase). A new, more powerful card will be created with the stronger champion for each level.
- Each champion's color identity is allowed to change partly between levels (colors may be added or removed but a core color must remain).
- Champions of higher level must be similar to their earlier versions. Main abilities must be the same or similar, secondary abilities may be removed or added. Make it look like natural evolving!
- Artwork between levels must be different. It would be preferred if they share some similarities.
- Champions must be balanced. Don't make a 10/10 for 3 mana without drawbacks.
- Champions may be replaced/remade but only before the first deadline.
- Old cards are allowed as long as they match the requirements.InstructionsPre- first stage:
The draft period will be 2 weeks at minimum. This may be increased if the desired quantity of champions is not reached.
If the number of champions is an odd one, a knockout competition will occur, where the "best" champions will be taken to the tournament.First stage:
When the 8 or 16 champions have been chosen, the positions will be randomized. Champions will then fight in an arena where the winners are determined through different factors. Some of these are: Power/toughness, abilities, balance, extra costs, flavor, etc, but also some special factors. The winners will be presented after some time.Post- First stage:
The winners of the matches will then be given a minimum of one week to upgrade their champion. Extra time will be given if one cannot upgrade their champion within the given time. This will continue in a similar pattern until the last 2 champions remain. Some special rules will occur then but more about that then.
Converted mana cost for the stages are as follows:
First stage: 1-3
Second stage: 4-5
Third stage: 6-7
The first preliminary deadline is 1st of May.Tournament of Champions 2 Bracket